We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, it's hand signed.

Hey Mark -

Sure its hand signed.  But by WHO's hand is it signed.  That is key.  IMHO I am not liking it, which I am sorry to say.

Mark

I doesn't make sense to use the autograph on Mark Peterson's album for mass-production.

Removing the background from the writing and taking the personalization off where it overlays the autograph would take a lot of Photoshop work, and show signs of modification, although perhaps not at the size and clarity of the image.

Autographs for reproduction are signed on either smooth paper with no printing on it or clear plastic. Why spend all that time and money modifying that autograph when you could ask JLL for several examples to pick from, signed on plain paper or clear plastic that would only take a minute or two to make reproduction-ready?

Not necessarily - I just did it in photoshop in 5 minutes.. posting a comparison for Ballroom

Look how rough yours is, Mark. The autograph on the reproduction looks like it was signed on the album.

I did mine in 5 minutes.  I could re-trace etc.. Make edges smoother etc. 

I agree with Ballroom - they did a search and copied it and put it on the CD.

The question is - is it authentic or not?   I do not like anything about the "To Mark".  After looking at the comparison I just did on just "Jerry Lee Lewis"  I do not like the "Lewis".  Is it not authentic??  I leave that to experts. I retract my thoughts its not authentic and say it could go either way.

Mark

Mark

They couldn't have used the image Mark Peterson uploaded. That image is 737x552 pixels, and was saved as a medium quality JPG for display at 72 pixels/inch.

Image resolution for printing purposes is typically 300 DPI (dots per inch). Mark's image would have had to be about 4-times the size to look the same, and then have been saved as a higher quality JPG so it wouldn't show the artifacts that average and lower quality JPGs do.

This is what Mark's photo would look like at print quality (click to view at correct size:

The image I saved from this site is 2816 x 2112 pixels. It was originally posted here:

http://live.autographmagazine.com/photo/jerry-lee-lewis?xg_source=a...

Ballroom,

That image is only 737x552. Could you post the larger one please?

Thanks

When you do a google search for "jerry lee lewis autograph" and click on images - and then use search tools for larger than 1024 x 768 - Mark Petersons is the 2nd one.  More than likely where they got it. 

Mark

That's strange, Mark. The link to the page where the image is only shows it at 727x552, but if you click the image itself it's large and high resolution. That is quite possibly high resolution enough to copy. But compare it to the 2,000 CDs with the autograph that looks the same and you'll find diffrences that show it wasn't taken from Mark Peterson's CD. For starters, look at the light and dark areas, primarily in the squiggle but also in other areas, like the L's and the K.

Here's Mark's photo, large (click to see full size):

Here's the CD. I couldn't find a larger image quickly, but hopefully this will show you what I mean:

Why would the signature and inscription have to be fully intact? Couldn't it have been cleaned up a bit, resulting in the lighter areas?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service