We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my opinion, there is 0% chnce that Jerry Lee Lewis signed these albums. They look consistent with the ones that Roger said that JW Whitten signed as Mark Roberts already pointed out. The seller was upfront about the albums not being signed in his presence and I agreee that he/she is not to blame here. Mr. Whitten can deny signing autographs for Jerry Lee a million times over, but the evidence does not support his claim. 

I don't consider "Roger said" to be proof that J.W. Whitten signed anything. Where's the "evidence"?

Well.. there is one thing that is for sure.  Jerry Lee Lewis did not sign it.  Can we all agree on that minus - "Ballroom".  For whom I have a lot of respect for.

Mark

Yeah, come on guys. There's no proof whatsoever that he signed them, but if the other four or five people still participating in this discussion all agree that Whitten signed the LPs, it must be true.

Ballroom,

Are you aware of any JLL autographs in the style many here believe is by Whitten where the person who got it signed said JLL signed it in front of them?

It wouldn't matter, Steve. I believe that all of the signatures I've posted that were claimed to have been obtained IP were called secretarial. I did post a photo with a signature in the alleged Whitten style and an inscription consistent with JLLs writing. It was ignored.

we can speculate that Whitten signed them, but I agree with Ballroom, I do not believe anyone has sound proof of such.  the real debate is whether or not JLL signed them.  

Just kidding of course.

Been reading all this, like an endless football game from hell. Isn't lewis' manager as old, or older than Lewis? Shouldn't his signature be just as shaky?

I am unsure of his age but Mr. Whitten does seem in much better physical condition than JLL.

No it doesn't have to be.  Joe DiMaggio was doing autograph shows until a year before his death.  His signature was rock solid time after time.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service