We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I would like to share with everyone a major problem I have been seeing around Florida for the past few years. For a while you would only see these signature on photos or on multi signed 500 Home Run or 3000 hits baseballs. A year or so ago P.A.A.S. starting receiving these Autographed White Panel Baseballs, "Official League Baseball" , signed in blue ink on the sweet spot. They would be submitted one or two at time, and mostly from collectors that obtained them at local Florida shows or Flea markets. In the last 4-5 months we were receiving these almost exact signed baseballs for autograph authentication from around the country. Last month a local Florida dealer brought in 70 of these pure white single signed baseball for autograph authentication. I held the submission for a few days, so we could document and photograph the signatures for our files. When the dealer returned for his baseballs, I asked him where he had obtained these signed baseballs? He explained with a straight face that he has had them for over 7 years. He said that he waited on lines at autograph shows and sent some of the baseballs to autograph shows around the country to get signed. I then explained to him that they are not authentic and that I have been aware of these forged signatures for years. I also showed him enough proof that he had nothing further to say and admitted that he purchased the baseballs at a Miami Flea market for $10 per baseball. The scary part is he told me that a sports memorabilia dealer friend of his from North Carolina purchased over 300 baseballs and a dozen Muhammad Ali signed gloves. This is becoming a wide spread problem and I have been seeing these same baseballs on many websites and auctions. Please take note of these examples and study the signature patterns. You may notice a few different variations of the same signature, this is done by increasing or decreasing the size and width of the autograph. Besides not being authentic I am sure some of the readers will see some interesting similarities with these signatures. I would like hear some opinions and receive some input. There are additional names and signatures and we will continue to post them.

Thank you for your time,

Michael Frost of P.A.A.S. can be reached at specialagent711@aol.com

Tags: Authentication, Autograph, Frost, Michael, P.A.A.S., PSA/DNA

Views: 13515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks DB, I thought I was VERY clear that GAI got what they deserved.. I guess I wasn't in the "right" though since I pointed out other experts certification of the same items. 

Steve asked deeper questions alright, He shouldn't be asking me though, he should be asking Sipe, Rocchi, spence, Podsada, Etc.  I didn't certify any of these items.  I just relayed the information that I was given.

Steve, That's your singular opinion... I could have the same that you were attacking GAI..an attack that I agreed was legit. Thankfully, I am able to think deeper than that.

I opened the discussion to a wider plane about the Podsada items.  The items I listed here were not "made-up" attacks. Just an accurate picture of reality. 

+1

Brandon,

I've been told that Steve Sipe and Bob Gryder flew out to New Jersey to certify the Podsada hoard for GAI. Could you please find out if that's true and ask for a response? Thanks

To go back a little bit, Andrew Bradley was an FDE from Colorado.

He was the author of a correspondence course in handwriting analysis. Mr. Spence's training from Mr. Bradley was through a correspondence course, as it was for all the members of the original PSA team, Jim Stinson, Ron Gordon and myself.

I didn't know everyone took it. I just recall Jimmy Spence mentioning it. This is a different topic, but what did you think of it?

It was a long time ago that I took the course but I remember thinking that I did get some value out of it.

The answer I received when I asked specifically if Sipe of Gryder  authenticated any of these was a "NO"  I doubt it will change now.  If that's not accurate, It's not for me to find out.

I've answered the questions you asked and broadened the horizons of the problem at hand.  I'm not going to play middle man.  I don't know baseball, nor do I wish to.  However, to me, this is a PSA, GAI, Simon, Spence problem from at least 2000 until now.  If you don't see it that way. Oh Well.

At least Simon was man enough to admit and explain the certification. 

I had a feeling this would be twisted the way it was once I pointed out and showed proof that it wasn't ONLY a GAI issue from the past.

Brandon,

Making an occasional mistake is quite different than the mass-certification of forgeries as genuine that GAI did. Mass-certification of the Podsada forgeries is not an issue of JSA, Richard Simon or PSA/DNA. If it were, examples would regularly pop up on eBay and other sites and be called out here. There is no shortage of AML members looking for every mistake that PSA and JSA make.

The mass-certification of those forgeries as genuine has been by GAI, Morales, Drew Max, Frangipani, STAT and TTA. 

And has Global learned? Apparently not. Look at the obvious and extremely similar Derek Jeter forgeries Global has certified, by probably the thousands. Look at the other autographs offered for sale certified by Global. I don't know much about NASCAR, so I don't even look. But it seems like their sports, entertainment and music are only a step above Christopher Morales and not noticeably better than ACE.

As far as the Jeters, etc. I gave Sipe hell myself over that. As everyone should have. Goodness, as far as we know, these Podsada items were certed. By the thousands by every company. I hope changes were made and it doesn't happen again.

Steve, I always weigh what you say carefully, on one hand, you must toe a certain "party line". On the other, you must be fair and call things down the middle. I respect that. It's a hard position to be in. I also agree with a lot of what you say. Even though you take certain "shots" whenever you can.

I'm very Glad that you and Mike Frost got over your differences. There was a day when he was threatening your life, and you were saying that PAAS was as bad as GAI, Morales, and Coach's Corner. It's nice to see adults acting as adults. Let's just don't take the gushing too far.

Obviously, things worked out, I'm very glad that Mike is here and is bringing things like this to Collector's attention. He and PAAS will bring a lot of useful information to the site. I mean that from the fullness of my heart.

I knew how you would behave if I showed other examples. Taking the "knee jerk" reaction route instead of really looking at the real picture that was being painted regarding Podsada. It doesn't matter, It's still information that helps Mike's case against the current items. It shows an obvious behavioral pattern on the part of Podsada. It takes a deep breath, a step back, and maturity to see that no specific company was being "attacked" by showing Podsada's past patterns.

Mike, I applaud you for catching these and not falling for his tricks. Imagine if these items would have been submitted to ANY company a few years ago, they would possibly have been certified. With the advancements we have made, they were now flagged and stopped early.

+1 Steve

and I think Brandon, we all know more now than in 2000-2004. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service