We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello everybody. This is my first time on here, my first post. I am a beginning collector, and wish to seek eagles authentic autographs. I have a chance to buy from the guy who has the largest eagles collection, the guy with 400 plus pieces, anyways, he's selling an 11x14 and I'm not sure if it's legit. Opinions? He does sell quite often and his website is loaded with genuine stuff.

Views: 9192

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roger is exceptionally good at classic rock. Stephen Duncan was considered beyond reproach by Roger, me and others for many years. 

Duncan sent exemplars to Roger for years, probably since the '90s. They became part of his exemplar files on Eagles. Many were no doubt A-OK, but some apparently were not.

Here's an example that became a smoking gun for me: 

That was a scan that Duncan gave Roger, saying that the album still needed Henley and Felder.

Notice the shape of the "y" above the baseline, and compare it against the Ys in the Henleys I think are good in the comparison images and the ones I don't trust.

Look at the four "e"s. Notice how the loops are small and start horizontally near the top of the "e". Compare them to the "e" after the "H" on the Henleys I feel are suspect. Fairly similar.

Look at the "e"s on the ones I think are probably OK. They have larger loops, fairly vertical, that mostly start at or near the baseline.

Also, look at how clearly and consistently Stephen Duncan's writing is on the scan. Compare it to how fast and natural the Henleys that I think are probably good on the comparison sheets were signed.

I was convinced that the ones I called out weren't good before I saw the scan above. The scan makes me feel that they were written by Duncan.

Great observation and comparison Steve...

Looking at the website in question again, a good number of the Springsteen signatures do not look right to me, especially the signed guitar 'obtained outside the cinema theatre'.

But, looking at the Kiss autographs, they all look good to me..

It is a mixed bag...

Yes, Richard, the site was a mixed bag last time I looked at it but it's been a while.

http://rockandrollcollection.com/

Over the last 18 months my website has been redesigned and specific pages especially (Beatles, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Bowie, Springsteen and others) have been uploaded with as many inscribed signatures (many with dates), and as much history of the event of the signature as after 35 years can be verified. Being as transparent and clear as possible on every page, I feel was achieved.  Some pages are still a work in progress. My website and collection is a hobby, not my job.

Lastly, a gradual deletion of non RR pages were amended as well, as I got back to what the website first started off being, a RR Collection. If those of you wish to reference what the website looked like before or still draw conclusion that suit your cause, then welcome to the world of everyone sees things differently and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The website is designed amazingly both as very easy to read/search, and the placement of my collected memorabilia. 18 months ago it was said on this site that "no authentication company would validate"....(blah/blah/blah), however, that was proved differently and the owner of this site has the proof. You can surmise about how the requests were submitted, but at the end of the day, 22 different variations and lineups of the band Eagles, and others, were certified to be real by the same exact authentication companies that you, you and you, said never would.

Anything much further to say, only contributes to what the owner of this site has left since his magazine failed and went out of business 7 years ago. A website that must stir controversy and get folks to log on and voice their opinions, as without, he will not have enough traffic to pull in advertising and then this website will be just steps away from failing as well.

Each and every Leonard Nimoy you said you received in person at conventions has been removed? Maybe I am just missing the pages?

All sales now final, period, even if there are authenticity concerns down the road?

It's confusing too - you speak of these 22 certs, then you seem disparage the very notion of certs/authentication/opinions on your site and auctions?

I want to follow along. Not easy. The other thread linked earlier seems heavily edited by someone.

Stephen,

To be fair, I'll post some autographs you're offering on eBay or sold, so we're not talking just about Eagles.

Here are two Robert Plant autographs you said you got in-person:

These are 2 Jimmy Stewart autographs you said you got in-person:

Here's a Patrick Stewart autographs you said you got in-person. I don't know Stewart well...is it good? Don't know:

These are Stewart and Dorn you said you got in-person. Are they good? I don't know:

Here's a Shatner and Luckinbill signed photo you said you got in-person:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service