We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

This is turning out to be a terrible year for rock star deaths -- and we are only in April. 

Views: 804

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You were lucky to see 2 prince autographs, now theres a number flooding the market, but only a couple of real ones.
Formerly none as the artist.

He often refused to sign for people I know that asked him. But...here's the best Prince refusal to sign an autograph EVER:  (from another website)

The litte guy just goes around the planet doing whatever he wants like some kind of mischievous, tiny demigod. Case in point: His recent appearance on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. Here's the story: Prince shows up to rehearse in preparation for his appearance promoting his new album, 3rd Eye Girl. Prince spots a beautiful 1961 Epiphone owned by Captain Kirk Douglas, guitar player for The Roots, and asks if he may play it during his performance on that evening's show. Now this is Kirk's favorite guitar, his baby. In every interview he talks about this guitar and how it's like a part of him, and in any other circumstance we're going to guess that he would flat-out refuse to let someone else borrow this precious guitar. But this is Prince we are talking about. So Kirk lends him the axe. Prince proceeds to play two songs on the show He starts with new single "Screwdriver," but then busts into his classic, heavy-as-f*** track "Bambi" from his second 1979 self-titled album. Prince nails it, and his solo at the end was one of the most powerful we've seen him do on TV. And then he pulls the dick move of the century.

During the last note Prince, in a classic rock star move, threw the guitar up in the air, and -- SLAM -- it hit the ground, still squealing with feedback. The headstock broke into pieces. Musicians all over the country felt Kirk's heartbreak that night. Kirk Tweeted an image of the broken guitar with the caption "purple pain." To top it all off, Kirk asked Prince to sign the guitar and he refused. What a dick.

But this isn't news to life-long Prince fans. We've known about his dickish behavior for years, and now we've compiled a list of some of the meanest moments in Prince history.

Boy george came out and said prince was on the down low.
It does sound like a pretty dickish move. I do know that each and everyone of us has had his or her dickish moments in life - Obviously some more than others. But we've all had them, except for perhaps Mother Teresa. My understanding is that he actually apologized for it. You know, I've known many people in my life that absolutely cannot say they are sorry for something they did or even say that they were wrong about something. For those people that is both sad and pathetic. Apparently, at least, Prince had the ability to say he was sorry.

I've also heard many people who knew Prince say that he was a very kind and caring person. I think it's too bad though that sometimes on this board if you dare to offer praise about an artist, it can really get some people very worked up and almost in a tizzy. For instance, once when I started a discussion praising U2, some of the U2 haters were just beside themselves. But, of course, the U2 and Bono lovers far out number the haters. And I suspect Prince's positive personal qualities outnumbered his negative ones, at least that's what I've heard from people that knew him well.

Unfortunately in the "autograph world" theres gonna be a lot of haters. He was infamous for being a non signer.

I just read a post from a Prince fan who said he attended a Prince concert in 2003 and waited after the concert for a couple of hours in hopes of meeting Prince. Finally, Prince came out and met the fans but said he didn't do the whole autograph thing anymore because, as Prince said, "I'm no God. You shouldn't worship me. You should spend more time praising God." Apparently in 2001, Prince became a Jehovah's Witness. He did do at least one autograph signing in 1994, I believe was the year. So there probably are at least a few hundred or so floating around somewhere in private collections.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service