We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

UKBlue Bowie "autograph" now "appears" a blatant mechanical copy...

22UKBlu is now offering mechanical "autographs" as genuine - have a look...an overlay is not necessary. Bold and obvious. GRRR. This sellers offerings are the bulk of the "Bowie's I don't think are real" thread, but this is a new technique which thankfully looks awful -  worse than his "drawn" stuff in many ways.

Views: 714

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"...an overlay is not necessary..." BUT it is such fun!

I forgot the BEST part - seller shows BOTH...in one auction!

So, any guesses how this "signature" was achieved?

Grrr is right.   This is how sometimes even experts get snagged/snared (if the original is a legit sig) and copy not seen in person - and even seen in person they can sneak this crap through.

I don't believe "either" is genuine. This seller as you know has been coming up with these for months - this is his third venture to the 1980's.

There are 3-4 tells here that are seen his other multiple listings over the last many months.

Oh Ok  -  I'm not up on Bowie.  But I have seen forgers in MJ actually forging forgeries from other sellers.  I've also seen TONS of reprints (marked as reprints of original autographs) and those are of forgeries also. 

The hobby is full of vultures (and many of them wait for stars to die so they can clean the meat off the bones---sorry but its so very true).  Sick too!

It is true - here are two more of his "1980's" and a "1995". Most of his "Bowie's", LP's, close for under $300 or so. Some of his items, at a glance and without the context of the seller, his "tells" and his previous rabbit-like productivity over the last year...well. Dangerous.

A 1995 from a while back, same seller:

Thank you Eric,and keep up the good work!

Thank you Ian! From you...it means a lot to me.

Ha, if I knew that I would have said it along time ago. Coincidently a few hours ago I tried to direct a guy from RAAC here with a Bowie he was asking about.Mentioning you and AML.  I was suspicious ( I'm ALWAYS suspicious)but doesn't look like he has come on. Many of the others said good but several shakey areas. Sorry I cant post it. Over the years here we have had many good people come and go and I always wonder what happens to them. You just have look at some of the old threads and see. Anyway this group is very lucky to have you!

Hi Ian,

Thanks again - but I am the lucky one! The RAAC gent did contact me - I said the very same - "good but a bit shaky in 2 areas where I have seen shakiness before, but slightly odd slant/placement - ask Roger for "second eyes".

I think it is fine, but there are some very nifty forgeries about lately - such that the value of the genuine article may be affected.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service