We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

What's your opinion of who's up and who's down in music autograph prices? John brennan has been auctioning a heap of the same old stuff off month after month which barely gets mb, suprising- surprised effecting prices or not?

Views: 1167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bin a coop fan for 40 yrs

I luv the freak... But his stock market value is what it is

He's nothing more than a box of kraft dinner 

Yep but fans still shell out big bucks for a meet and g.

Ya but that's not the same animal as his autograph value is it? 

Yeah, Dua's not a penny stock anymore.

Never heard of her I must look her up!

She’s actually got some pretty good songs, not to mention she’s very attractive.   

Simply supply and demand. It's a buyer's market. Unless you have a legitimate rarity or something that stands out from the crowd you must be prepared to wait patiently to get a maximum return. There's no urgency because buyers know if they pass on a specific autograph today there will be ten more opportunities to pick one up tomorrow.

All true.  I’d definitely say it’s a buyer’s market.  But if you have the patience, you can wait it out and get close to what you want.  

The reason the Brennan collection may stall a bit is because of R&R's ridiculous policy of starting every item with a min bid of 200.00 regardless of who the artist is.  There was a time they started bids according to the celebrity, but now a Z-lister will start at 200.00 like everyone else.  Add the buyers fee and you are paying a hefty price for someone you may be able to find a lot cheaper elsewhere.  Back in the 90's they actually had starting bids of 50.00 for some people. 

RR auction is looking like ebay at the moment instead of a high end auction house with all of Jb's items! A 50 dollar starting bid would be great but its not the 90's anymore. Rr wouldn't even take my Pearl jam signed vinyl, not because it's fake its because they usually don't take those kind of low end items but with Jb they will sell his kitchen sink for hi!

One of the more fascinating ones I've seen in recent years is Florence Welch, whose popularity has soared (she's now playing arenas in the US) but the interest in her autograph has remained somewhat minimal, despite her being a virtual non-signer.

Dua is a hot rookie card at the moment, she needs to get like a Madonna to really bring value. Though at the moment a good investment if you cash in. I would add Morrison and Hendrix to good investment. In 100 years though few of these musicians will be cared about.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service