We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello, all. I acquired a shirt worn by Angus Young in concert and then signed by AC/DC members at a record-store signing the day after the concert. It belonged to a collector who worked security at our venue, who caught it and kept it folded up in a box for over 35 years. He had a picture of the band signing it, but apparently his ex-wife threw it away. Obviously never washed. Still has Angus's sweat stains on it! I'm almost certain of its authenticity but wonder if any AC/DC collectors can agree the signatures are real and have ANY idea what this item is worth. Thanks!

cliff.jpg

bon.jpg

Views: 1017

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If someone can ID that "Hornes" label, photo proof is likely unnecessary. It is not like the Elvis scarves where he is throwing them out to the audience and/or they were for sale in the lobby. Would he have a custom shirt in 1983? If it can be established that the manufacturer/make/size is correct...with just a little reading I was able to find the original jacket he had was a Year 11 Ashfield Boys High jacket so this data is probably out there if one goes digging. 

This is why I would focus on that label. The "photo proof" you suggested before is useless. It is either a coincidence, or not (horns/Hornes). 

I believe this is a multi-lane road. That is the beauty of this place. "...Signatures fade on cloth..." is just too broad. Most maps and so on of age are ink on fabric. The inscriptions and prayers on the funereal wrappings of ancient Egypt are ink(carbon/soot black or natural mineral) on cloth (linen). There is ink type, storage, temperature and a host of other variables at work.

As I said I don't know this band at all. I was going by the dates supplied by the poster - about 35 years ago. Pre-1980 is...hippie era? I don't know about that. As I recall they were gone by 1975 or so. Anyway, yes, tailor made would explain the horns/Hornes. Where does a grown man buy a school shirt like that with a School Wear label? And why?  

I'd track that label. It will be all or nothing IMO, but it is a hard potential lead worth following. If anything is possible this is truly worth looking into. 

I thought it was just signed by Angus and Malcolm.  If signed by bon also its worth a ton

Me as well - were all those scans there before? I only saw two and the whole shirt image before.

Nope. Bon was never mentioned by the owner .That's why I priced it at only 2500. If it was signed by bon and that erae it' priceless

I have no interest.  My cousin worked for them .my roommte played with cliff and I dont buy autographs. Just telling him what a stage used Angus shirt would be worth. And that if he put in the the work he probaby could prove if its real or not

Story is soft, label is hard.

I believe if the OP is planning to sell this then getting the autographs authenticated will be worth the price, unless it's going to be sold in an established auction house that handles this type of item.

If the owner is not planning to sell then it doesn't matter.

In my humble opinion, this item is not worth what some people would pay for it. It's the kind item, that I would put a big price tag on and wait for the right buyer. Just takes one person to make a sale. And be patient....

If folks can figure out where Rembrandt was buying his cheap, store-made canvas from I don't believe this tag will be impenetrable. The tailor that made clothes for Amin was able to provide the details for the film with Forrest Whitaker because of retained records from the 1970s. I see no other lead. If you have been down these roads before, why are you seemingly opposed to trying? We've already agreed that a photo of him wearing a shirt like this would be useless.

its not that hard in fact if I had to authenticate stage cloth from an artist angus would be one of the eassist

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service