We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Thank you, President Biden, for your 52 Years of Service to all Americans.

Hi,

I'm selling my autograph collection that I obtained TTM as a teenager in the 1970s. I have these two signed Ted Williams index cards. What gives me concern is that you can see a faint signature underneath the marker signature. Please see closeup in 3rd photo below.

Was that a guide for someone else to sign them or do you think that was for Ted Williams to sign them? Do you think these are real?

Thank you,

Michael

Tags: Ted, Williams

Views: 270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These certainly appear unnatural. I am not sure if Ted ever used an Autopen, but both signatures strike me as having Autopen like traits. Deliberate, uniform speed and pressure... a little slow.

Autopen or traced by secretary.... I doubt these are hand-signed by Ted.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the feedback. I found it odd how the marker signature looked like it was written over a template that appears to be in faint pen.

Take care,

Michael

Right. Or if it is an autopen, they tried a dying ballpoint first then went over it with the marker.

Fascinating. 

I don't think they are autopen as there are clear differences.

Maybe a light rubber stamp impression that was then used as a guide for a wider felt tip? 

Yes, so probably a secretary signing over a stamp?

Yes... I was not implying these two signatures matched each other as an autopen would, but often celebrities use more than one autopen pattern. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service