We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Could I get a opinion on this Elizabeth Taylor signed playbill.
Thank you

Views: 2108

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While we are on the topic of Elizabeth Taylor, can I get your thoughts on this signature?

Thank you!

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Strict application of what I wrote earlier suggests this is secretarial.

What do you think?

This is why I am glad I am not an authenticator. I would suspect your "Warner" signature. Here is an example of an in-person obtained signature for comparison.

Hi Joe,

That is on two lines for starters as the exemplars and not the secretarials - that really looks the same hand as the previous? The op? I just don't see it. Did you see anything between the supposed 1981 and the 1983 as suggested?

Eric, not sure which examples we are talking about now. I am beginning to agree with you that the original Taylor is more likely a secretarial. The Warner example I uploaded is an in person example. 

And I am agreeing with you. It's a fine Warner you showed. Your Warner, on two lines, is very different then the previous "Warner" and the OP "1981" playbill.

I think we are on the same page.

Cool. I haven't given much thought to Elizabeth Taylor recently. BTW, if anyone is looking for a good Taylor signature at a fair price I have one.

I would like to thank everyone for their input on the 81 playbill. I don't think it resembles the 83 exemplar. Did she try to squeeze it in to fit into a lighter area causing it to look different? No idea. I almost see a mix of both authentic and secretarial qualities. Meaning Someone may have practiced? With that said,I agree with Eric and lean towards secretarial.
Thanks again

Hi Robert,

You are very welcome. If Joe is talking about the example I think he might be - you may want to ask to see it.

Will do. The more I looked at the 81 playbill, the more I thought it didn't have the right feel. You made some convincing points.
You have to be comfortable when making a purchase
Thanks

Which and why?

Show you work if you can please.

Yes please, examples would be great Eric :-)  I can't find any secretarials that are as close to these autos being put on here for opinions.

Could you possibly put your best secretarial comparison on that you think would be confused with an authentic Elizabeth?

Elizabeth is only a moderately expensive auto after all. $300 tops? (signed photos are more of course).

Worth forging? it seems just a lot of secretarials but few forgeries. These seem to be the only two things to compare to one another. And autopen of course, so easy to spot those though.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service