We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Do you have feedback about the new cell-friendly design? Are there things we need to do better? Are there things you'd like us to add?

Let's talk about it here.

Tags: Improve autograph live

Views: 2085

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll drop Jason a note, thanks.

Thanks for filling us in, Automan. How did their recommended dealer plan work, and was it for dealers on and off eBay? I'm particularly interested in how it was policed. 

I'm especially interested in how it was policed. The reviews and ratings have to be honest both ways.

Yes, it was a relatively short list, including some of Aftals's most solid dealers. Very few America dealers from what I recall (JG was one). Following the MJ/McCartney issue from a couple years back, a few key names were removed. 

I wish AFTAL had removed a few names.

Sling... for the most part your new discussions should go into Forum section, unless you have a specific question that would fit into one of the specialty "groups". 

In groups they are areas, like Marilyn Monroe, Classic TV, Buy Sell Trade, Michael Jackson etc. 

The blog area is reserved for articles of interests for members of the staff on the forum.

So to recap:  Discussions is where 99% of the questions go (you can pick a general area in there where your questions would fit best)  or Groups (specialty groups).  You may have to sign up for the specialty group areas but it usually takes just a minute to ask to join.

Hope this helps. 

Post the item only once though, do not cross post onto the forum in different areas/categories.  We will all see it the first time when it comes through on the latest activity feed.

Rules:  We've been working on those for a few yrs, maybe I'll sit down again and write some things out for Steve to tweak.  I had started some time ago and sort of just let it drop.

how was it policed? there was a application procedure for dealers intrested in joining,there stock was then looked at to make sure everything was as it should be,this was normally done by a couple of knowledgable  respected dealers,once they were accepted the recomended dealers would advertise the fact they were recomemded dealers by a logo [acaf] now normally when a customer has issues they would contact the group through the fact the group logo was advertised in the sale,,,or listing,,there would begin the discussions on wether there was anything for the dealer to answer for or not,,9 out of 10 issues being resolved and the very small odd one being refunded just  to settle the argument...also i might add dealers stock was looked at randomly from time to time

Having a recommended dealer is one of those ideas that sounds good in the beginning but is hard to fairly control especially when money gets involved which is what it ends up being about. I like the system where members here ask for opinions on an item by item basis. Plus there is a free buy and sell board which should be more busy than it is. If there is going to be a list per say, I would rather see a "sellers to avoid" list featuring sellers which consistently sell bad stuff. Isn't that what we want to get rid of and protect members from in the first place?

I see that some feel that a "good dealers list" may be problematic.

How about the opposite: A bad dealer's list. Not the "ax to grind kind" but whenever some unscrupulous seller pops up on eBay, call them out. Some folks do this ad hoc, but it may be worth considering a permanent list, Excel format with seller ID, location (sellers may change their id frequently, but they will not likely change their location) and some reference suspect listings.

The problem is that the latter list is about 10,000 times longer.

Is that all, Rich?

Wouldn't a list of dealers and auctions that we feel are reputable be more valuable? We still need to educate buyers on how to buy safely, because even the best dealers and auctions make mistakes from time to time. 

There are plus and minuses to both sides

Since no list is all inclusive, the "good guy list" might affect some good sellers who are not on it. It could become a "business case" to get on the list

The bad guy list is definitely longer, I agree, and will also never be all inclusive

It may be useful to help other spot forgeries

As far as I am concerned, it may take a lifetime of effort to get on the "good guy list" and good guy may be left out

It takes intent and perhaps more than 1 forgery to make it to the bad guys list, so the "entrance standards" are lower

I now Excel can handle more than 10,000 rows, and has a good filter sort function

So as long as we are making up a list, how about both good and bad dealers?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service