We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi, thanks for you opinion. 

I just Bought This Lennon, for 993$..What do you think?

Views: 3887

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is why people need to do their homework....do some study!!! Don't buy something...then start asking,"Is this real?" You have to do some legwork on your own...Take the time to learn...

+1

one of the first things new members are taught here is to ask questions first before buying. But I see so many "buy first, ask questions later" type of threads. 

another repetitive trait

I'm not pointing a finger at Daniele... this is a general statement

Roger, Paul and Jason of Tracks, and Perry Cox are far more experienced than I am on Beatles autographs. My main concern about both of these autographs, what's making me look super-carefully at them and pick apart minor details, is that they are part of a trend I am seeing:

More and more perfectly signed and placed, usually uninscribed autographed items with little or not ageing are appearing on the market. And they are often offered at prices that any seller who did a little research would know are far too low.

In the case of Daniel Alayof's George Harrison, the eBayer offers a lot of autographs. Why would they sell that Harrison at $400 when they could easily get double or triple that? They could offer it to Tracks, Epperson, Cox, Caiazzo and a ton of other Beatles dealers and get that all day long, without paying eBay 10%.

The Lennon in the original post here could bring $2,000+, yet Daniele Vicari paid $993 (was that with VAT tax?). It again shows almost no signs of ageing—which is especially odd for the cut and pasted Lennon headshot. Those are almost always yellowed at least somewhat from glue.

Everything has to be questioned. The fake signed memorabilia industry is using technology to make forgeries harder to detect and easier to produce. There is technology that can sign autographs, with variations, very believably. It's very hard for the legitimate industry to keep up.

I couldnt agree with you more Steve. Altho I am going off topic a bit, (apologies), I have noticed the same thing with rolling stones autographs espcially brian jones where the sig is perfectly and beautifully autographed and uninscribed with no signs of ageing at all with pristine , almost too good to be true placement

I'm glad you pointed that out, Michelle. It would be a great topic to discuss.

Steve, just to let you know that Tracks UK offered me a price for my George Harrison autograph. The fact that they wanted to buy it from me speaks for itself.

I'm not surprised, Daniel. I just don't trust it. Time will tell.

Tracks is the best, in my opinion, but I feel that your George signature contains some unusual traits that combine to make for an odd looking signature. I think that's reflected in the fact that you were the only bid at that low starting price. I wouldn't blame anyone for expressing some concern about it.

Have you seen this fake Harrison autograph sold for $380 with 36 bids and 8 different bidders?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/George-Harrison-Beatles-Signed-Paper-/2730...

It's not always possible to find an explanation as to why one item is sold with a lot of bids and different bidders and another item is sold with one bid only. Maybe because the starting price of this fake autograph was $1 only. Still, many people here tried to win a fake autograph.  

Have you seen this one? The Babe Ruth autograph in a new auction with $200 starting price. Already has 5 bids with 4 different bidders. Ends within 5 days from now. Interesting. Though it's a different autograph from the one we have already seen.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-Signed-Cut-Yankees/302689859123?...

This seller has very interesting autographs and photos. He sells a lot. All the buyers are happy and satisfied and leave him positive feedbacks. You can't argue with that. By the way, I told this seller that I had sent his Harrison autograph to Perry Cox for examination. The seller agreed to return the money if Perry decided that the signature was not real. It also means something about him. He even asked me to tell him what Perry said.

Can we then assume that everything from this seller is legit? There would be some nice bargains there. I don't collect sports autographs, but asked a knowledgeable collector about the previous Babe Ruth and the response wasn't positive.

I can not answer your question because I do not understand anything about signatures that are not connected to the Beatles. I just said what I said based on what I see in his sold listings and feedbacks.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service