We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Iconic Auctions offering David Gilmour *COPIED* Signature - BAS Authenticated

Would like to expose another Gilmour autograph, this time coming from our friends at Iconic Auction. Currently listed is a cassette 'signed' by David Gilmour of Pink Floyd.

Problem is that the signature matches identically to a cut offered on this site a few years ago that was previously certed by PSA. After examining the cassette, there are some oddities in ink which make me believe that the signature from Iconic is a copy from the original offered here. You be the judge.

Yet again, another BAS blunder - in my opinion of course.

Iconic Auction:

http://iconicauctions.com/Pink_Floyd__David_Gilmour_Signed__Obscure...

Autograph Live

https://live.autographmagazine.com/group/free-autograph-buy-sell-tr...

Views: 5560

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately this is the value Beckett provides newer colloectors. Steve Grad and Brian Sobrero are just as bad as the thieves who sold this.

This forgery or copied autograph was passed by the crooks from Beckett. They are 100% at fault for this happening. No excuse for it. Any real authenticator should have caught this.

The money the volume dealers offer has shot down any integrity the authentication companies have. It’s time for Steve Grad to get a real job. Yet collectors still pay this sorry scrub to blindly sticker stuff. He is out of his element in autographs these days.

Only way to prevent this is to educate collectors how bad these services are. Way to much stock put in these horrible services. If you collect stickers you will have a collection of forgeries in no time.

It doesn't help that PPC has very good reviews on ebay but mostly seem to come from baseball and other sports collectables. Hopefully they'll be closed down by ebay now (I'll be pushing for this even if it means I don't get a refund).

PPC has good reviews because amateur autograph bites like the fancy packaging and fast shipping the do.

Some very experience collectors including some here have been fooled by some Press Pass Collectibles garbage. They are not a trustworthy dealer.

Completely untrustworthy, would not buy anything from them no matter who has authenticated it.  Crooked, crooked, crooked!

This absolutely a mechanically derived copy of Ricks. There is a reason the sig is "OBSCURED" by that darn cassette. I am preparing an overlay for you right now  - send that to PPC amd yell 'em to smoke it. SUPER girlfriend! Sorry this happened.

Here you are - this level of alignment is physically impossible. The "creator" of this garbage changed the placement of the "best wishes" but this is obviously not hand signed. As an aside, to other collectors, this in no way looks like live ink to me. As the salutation and "signature" are slightly moved, I had to make two overlays. What you are seeing is your cassette with Rick's genuine signature on top at 50% transparency. Below that, I have put the "best wishes" back where it belongs - see the alignment - as I mentioned, this is physically impossible, naturally...mechanically? Very easy. 

With large high res scans of both I could show this very strongly (such that they would appear identical - you might not see them, so I always leave a little shift so the copy can be seen) but there is enough here to see...

For all you who still think there is some good with these companies. This was no accident by Beckett. They intentionally passed this fake signature for Press Pass Collectibles.

Any authenticator who cannot tell this is mechanically signed and is charging for their opinions is a fraud. 

Beckett is the new Global and with the volume they have makes them far more dangerous to the hobby than global and most forgery rings.

And this was intentionally passed on to Beckett by PPC knowing that it was fake and knowing that it would pass.

I see why you don't think so, but I think there's a lot of good in Beckett. The Press Pass-related things we've seen hurt their credibility though.

I don’t distinguish the difference. If you intentionally pass forgeries or give free passes to large volume dealers to pass forgeries there is nothing good you are doing for the hobby. The only time Steve Grad wants to play it straight is when he is consulted about a competitor or if an individual submits and they happen to get it right.

I see no difference between Beckett and a forgery seller who has a mixed bag. Selling tons of forgeries but then saying they do some good cause half the people they sell to are not being ripped off.

For me to claim they are doing good it needs to be obvious that their integrity and efforts are based on the autograph or the hobby 100% of the time. The reputation they have and the power amateur collectors have given these authentication companies make them a far more danger to the hobby then any individual forgery ring. These items stay in the hobby forever.

This thread is another example of the collector getting ripped off so Steve Grad the phony fraud can line his pockets with basically stolen money. Friend or no friend these type of intentional deceptions are not mistakes. These over and over rubber stamping authentications take away anything good some think he does. 

I don't think they're calling fakes real intentionally. That's anything but the Steve Grad I know. But I see far more autographs I don't think are real that BAS certified for Press Pass than in anyone else's BAS certified inventory.

I was just saying that the supplier of the signed item is knowingly sending items that he knows will pass even though both sides know they are fake.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service