We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

James Stewart Autographs: Which are Genuine, Autopens or Forgeries?

Isn't this an Autopen signature?

Ebay auction

Views: 26487

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd guess yours was signed in the 80s.

Here is mine:

Very nice... 80's ? Thanks... Because I really wasn't sure when was it signed... The seller I bought it from said it was signed in 1962... But that was when the sketch was made, not the signature... Where did you get yours ? 

Very nice authentic item, S Keaton. I remember seeing that one on eBay. It went for a nice price as well. My guess is it was probably signed in the 70s.

Thank you... Yeah, it went for a very nice price... That's why I got a bit suspicious after winning the auction... Was not 100% sure if it was authentic... But thanks to your help guys, now I'm very happy about the purchase... 

Authentic Stewart SPs go for $20 - $40 all the time on ebay. The problem is there are so many fakes it has watered down the market. 

It's a shame there are so many fakes... Really hate to see sellers that sell fakes all the time... And you can do nothing about it... eBay of course doesn't care... If you tell the seller, he'll get all defensive and start arguing and giving you "proof" they are real... I mean, I'm very happy I got mine for such a great price, but at the same time it is a shame that so many people are getting fakes without even knowing it... 

It seemed that the price of Jimmy Stewart autographs have been trending downward on eBay for the last 6 or 8 months. Then this Winchester '73 SP comes along gets bid up to a whopping $200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/James-Stewart-Hollywood-Actor-Autographed-8...

RR has one of the questionable (at best) Stewart sketches up for sale:

I'm not sure about the SP included in this display up currently as well:

Kind of weird that I felt the same way about a Charlton Heston that was up there last month.

While the Harvey sketch is a very beautiful piece, it is one of the most common forgeries... I would need a really good proof it is an authentic one before buying it... 

Good morning!

I have recently found a seller and I would like an opinion. He is selling dozens of autographs he has acquired himself, and one of them is Jimmy Stewart. I would love to buy it, but I want to make sure it's real.

He has no COA's, but he says he's been collecting in person for 40 years. I have a feeling he's legit.

I've looked over this whole thread and I see similarities with the frauds and the real ones, so I thought I should just ask.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Attachments: No photo uploads here

Aihoshi,,,,

Stay far away that Signed Jimmy Stewart Photo.

That is a" Autopen" signed photo, not an in-person signature.

No way he aquired it himself except thru the mail.

Bob

Awwww, that's really disappointing.

Thank you for your help. I'm glad I asked here first!

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could get your opinions on my James Stewart autograph? I'm a complete novice and would really value your opinions. FYI, I purchased this from a UACC and AFTAL dealer.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service