We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi all, i was recommended to come here via Facebook, hope I'm posting in the right area!

I picked up a load of vinyl a while ago that included a Jimi Hendrix axis bold of as love first pressing. I played it and didn't pay much attention but have just noticed that it seems to have been signed by the three members on the inside gatefold.

The consensus online so far is that the signatures are legitimate . Any advice or debunking welcomed. I've already been in touch with some auction houses and will be picking one soon.

Tags: Hendrix, Jimi

Views: 4241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the info, guess I'll be checking that pretty regularly then!

My pleasure. You should see it right at the top of this page once the auction gets uploaded:

jimi hendrix Auctions Online | Lots for sale at the-saleroom

I daresay it will be on other similar sites too (e.g. Invaluable, Easy Live).

Don't be surprised if there is little bidding activity before the live auction starts. The number of watchers is a better indication of potential interest.

Should I be concerned that the auction isn't showing on any of those sites with less than 2 weeks to go?

I wouldn't be overly concerned but I'd have a word with your contact if nothing appears by next Monday. I can't think of any commercial reason to delay the uploads. As a buyer I check thesaleroom more or less every day but maybe others just do it once in a while. If I really want a pricier item I try to bid on the auctioneer's own site (thereby saving up to 5%) but I normally only become aware of items through thesaleroom.

I see the album is now on Invaluable but I don't see it on "thesaleroom". Perhaps Bonhams are deliberately not using the latter for this sale. It's certainly a big plus that Invaluable are not charging bidders extra for their services. 

I've been chasing them on the sites you mentioned, and the Saleroom listing is there but for some reason it's not showing in searches...

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/bonhams/catal...

They said they are chasing Saleroom so fingers crossed it will be sorted soon.

I wouldn't have known to ask without your advice, so thanks again

It really must be in the searches to bring the maximum benefit.

The images on both Invaluable and thesaleroom are not great I have to say. Under any sort of enlargement the signatures become very unclear. On the Bonhams' site they're fine.

where does one find the number of watchers ?

On "the saleroom" the number is shown in brackets next to "add to watch list". At the moment there only seems to be one - which is very strange indeed, but maybe related to the lack of "searchability" (is that a word?) or decent images. Here is a link to the item:

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/bonhams/catal...

I can't see "watcher" info on Invaluable but I'm not familiar with that site.

Well it's like an item being on eBay but not turning up on searches - totally pointless! I'll chase Bonhams again later

I wouldn’t worry too much.  In this instance, The Saleroom is mostly for the rubberneckers.  Anyone serious enough, and with the required means, to bid on your LP will know where to look for high-end items like this — the big auction houses hold regular sales and have their own mailing lists — and will register directly with Bonham’s.

I would seriously consider pulling the item if they can't sort out the search AND the image thing by tomorrow evening at the very latest. Maybe I'm being over dramatic and the Bonhams site alone gets enough visits but I, for one, always search for interesting things on "thesaleroom" rather than plough through individual auction sites. For bigger ticket items I then try to bid on the auctioneer's site but not everyone seems to mind paying the 3 - 5% extra for using an auction platform.

To Stepeanut's point, I am also on the Bonham's mailing list but I get so many auction notifications from so many auctioneers that I never bother to click through to the auction in 95% of cases. There has to be something very eye-catching in the mail to make me do that.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service