We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Garrett - I've seen this item online.  Sadly, not from Ty's hand.  This is the late 1930's secretarial style sent out to fans by 20th Century Fox.

What about this Ty Power piece? Admittedly, the inscription and signature aren't as bold as one would like.

Secretarial.

Secretarial.

Man, I just can't win. But, hey, that's better than being taken to the cleaners.

Finding an authentic pre-WWII service Ty is going to be a bit difficult.  Album pages can be had.  I'd continue to be very careful with photos.

Oh, darn! Such a great image of Ty. Thanks for saving me.

Is this 5x7?

You're quite welcome, Garrett.   The secretary who did this was quite skillful in many respects.  They had obviously had studied his signature. 

I'm attaching a signed photo of him and then wife Annabella.  I think you will see the differences.  There's  much more smoothness to the real one.  Here's some other traits:

"T" in "Tyrone" quite different,   continuous flow between "y" & "r",   no dip between "w" and "e",   "r" in "Power" looks somewhat more like a "B" in the real one).   It is close and the secretary was certainly pretty good at their job.  

I've been interested in Tyrone Power for many years.  I've found that his pre-WWII signed photos are rather elusive.  I think this is because of how huge a star he was in a span of about 4 years during that period.  I sure the secretaries were kept very busy with requests.   When he came back from the service, his signature had changed and he seemed to sign a lot more photos.  

Feel free to post any other candidates.  I certainly enjoy looking at them.

I wonder what ship they are on. Nice photo and embossed as well.

Agreed.  It's a great photo!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service