We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 100961

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

a pair of what? 

repost your real number with proper area code and you shall receive a friendly voice

or just do the honorable thing, and go away

you're just bothering me now

Balls. I was told it’s against rules to post my number, you’ve written it down so call me that’s my personal mobile I’m hear to talk when ever you like mug.

why don’t you shut up and stop messaging?? your barking up the wrong tree I haven’t got a clue or care in the world who your are and you don’t know me. Grow up

Ryan,

I think it’s time to say goodbye, at least for now. 

Very good Steve. These users are bad for the forum, and these user don't help other user but help a "scammers"

Hey guys, will you keep it down? I’m trying to sleep.

haha

you have the best sense of humor 

I need to have a drink w/ you

And yes it is nappy time. Good night all

Good night don’t wet the bed 

I woke up to a ton of notifications from this thread... don't have time to read them. Please tell me if this synopsis covers it:

• New member shares a suspect item
  • Knowledgeable collectors express doubt
  • New member produces evidence to support claims of authenticity. Evidence includes spotty story and paperwork from people with fancy and official sounding credentials (but not generally accepted as experts in the signature.)
  • Knowledgeable collectors still express doubt
  • New member lashes out. "You're a bunch of no names who live in your parents' basement", "Get a life," etc. etc.

Did I miss anything?

Nope. I don't think so. Same old...

"...it ain't over..."...Bowie - Win 1976

For those of us who have followed this discussion long enough to beware of these "signed works of art". I have a solution to prevent my head from exploding. "Unfollow"

Good advice, Joe. I will do the same.

Key takeaway: The vast majority of Michael Jackson signed art are mass-produced fakes with ginned up provenance and COAs. Use great caution before buying one. That has not changed since day one of this thread.

I'm not a fan of MJ, but I subscribed because I enjoyed watching wascher dissect the fakes.

Here's a few things to mention now that he's actually gone.

I've been asked by several TPA servies to help them with MJ authentication--not some fly by night places, but the top companies out there.  I have helped and have always given opinions freely to them, but I refuse to actually become part of any team or get paid to do this, and my reasoning is because of people like this guy.  You cannot reason with most MJ fans. They will do whatever possible to make you (the person telling them they have a forgery) the bad guy.  They'll also never "out" the forger.  You are the enemy for calling their item bad, not the forger.  Its absolutely crazy.  Most folks in here  want to know if they have a bad item.  Not an MJ fan.  They have the "holy grail" and your Satan for telling them otherwise.  And they'll start to trash you as a person (personally) if you insist.

I also can no longer dissect the fakes on the forum.  I could easily have shown this guy why his Chaplain is bad (the writing analysis-and its an easy one).  But not only would he have learned whats wrong with it, but so would the guy who made it (this person has already evolved from this writing style and no longer makes the error that is seen but I'd still rather not point it out).  Its why you rarely hear anything from me anymore, except an opinion of its good or bad.  I actually screwed myself over by showing exactly whats wrong with items and have made it harder to pick them up visually because I gave away the errors.  

I don't mind actually pointing out things like Lizzie did where a leg is not even traced correctly lol but I won't go into pointing out whats wrong with writing much anymore.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service