We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Mickey Mantle Autographed Baseball Forgery Sold By Ebay Seller Got-Tix!!! ( Blayne Shell ) For $185.00

Check out this ugly Mickey Mantle forgery on a baseball that recently sold on Ebay.

This putrid Mickey Mantle forgery on a baseball was listed and sold by Ebay seller Got-Tix!!! for $185.00!!!

This is why the sellers of forgeries list and sell their forgeries on Ebay.  It's where the wannabe autograph collectors buy their autograph forgeries.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-Yankees-OAL-Bobby-Brown-Autog...

Tags: Blayne, NY, Shell, Yankees, baseball, ebay, forgery, got-tix!!!, mantle, mickey, More…seller, signed

Views: 1542

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope you do realize that Christopher Williams is probably one of, if not possibly the best Mantle expert in North America, and very likely globally. No one has spent more time studying Mantle. And the Mantle guys on this forum are the best in the world, hands down. Your forgery is pathetic. Secondly, if you knew anything about Mantle, you would know that his signature, especially later in life, was as consistent as can be. There are always certain characteristics present in every authentic Mantle signature. ALWAYS. Yours has none of them, its pathetic, and a blatant forgery. And if you have any knowledge of autographs at all, you already know that. But since you supposedly compared this to others and saw no difference, you obviously dont have any autograph knowledge whatsoever and are just flipping a forgery for profit. Oh well, the world now knows, along with the ebay name who sold them.

Blayne,

I agree with the others here that your Mantle ball is, unfortunately, a well-known style of forgery. But here's a suggestion; in order to protect the person you sold it to, why don't you get a PSA/DNA Quick Opinion on it? It costs less than $10 and they're tops on Mantle, in my opinion.

Even tho your listing sold, they can still render one from the closed listing.
Blayne, Christopher Williams has been studying autographs for longer than you have owned this forgery. Instead of pointing fingers and name-calling, why not try and learn from this? Yes, people sign different everytime but there are certain characteristics that do not change. Those of us who study autographs see these characteristics, those who know NOTHING about autographs do not. (which is why you can't see it). This really isn't even a good forgery by any means, the forger literally didn't get ONE letter right and signed in slow motion.

There are plenty of resources on this site to learn The Mick's sig that myself and several others have put together for people like yourself to learn from. Yes, it's hard to accept the fact that you've owned a forgery for 15 years but we've all been there.

Save your breath Ryan.  BS is more interested in name calling than learning.  

I must be in some sort of mood, because right about now, I would love to see a Fudd post  (ok, so I'm slipping a little).

Ditto, Wascher.

Im not even good at Mantle and can see thats a horrid horrid forgery. Blayne Shell, you should now know that any google search for your name or ebay ID will now shop up first thing showing you sold this forgery. You should also know that the members here will now follow your ebay accounts if you try and switch names and post them as well

that's the point Carl. the signature is so shaky that you dont have to be a Mantle expert to flag this one as the forgery that it is.

Horrible forgery, and typical response from a forgery seller. You don't even have to know anything about The Mick's signature to tell this is a forgery. Just evaluate the handwriting and that's all you need.
Lmao at you dip s*** posers. I am simply moving a bunch of stuff from my collection in order to buy my daughter a car...items I've had for years, not things I whipped up with a pen or a copy machine. Wish you all the nest of luck judging, criticizing and actually thinking more than 100 people world wide care what you think.

You sold someone a Mickey Mantle forgery for $185.00.

Sleep well at night, Mr. Shell.

hey BS, too bad the ball was a forgery. you would have been able to get 400 bucks towards your daughter's car, instead of a meager 185.  what a bummer.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service