We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

We now have a Musician-Direct Autograph Sales Forum where you can post individual discussions of new offerings. It's a big change—and a big improvement. We closed this discussion after 8 years but it will always be available to read. 

The new system has been in place for 2 months now and it's working well.

This video shows you how easy the new forum is to use.

You can follow the forum and be notified of new signings exclusively! And you can enter a musician's name in the forum's search box and find any discussions about them.

Be sure to click the Follow link at the bottom of the list of discussions.

Try it...I think you'll like it.

Steve Cyrkin

Though I recall a member posting a blog asking about this a while ago, I could not relocate it for my purpose in this discussion.

It can be nice when one stumbles upon a musician's shop (via their website), to see that they are selling their autographs. I figured this could grow as a wee database for listing those musicians who partake in this.

I recently recieved a couple press photos signed in ballpoint from John Mayall's website (http://www.johnmayall.com/merch.html). I am also aware that you can purchase signed CDs from Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits(http://peternoone.com/store/). John 5 ( formerly Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie guitarist) sells various items signed, with an option to dedicate.

So, does anyone else know of this being done by other musicians?

Views: 505859

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome, thanks!

No problem!

9.99 pounds is ok for a signed weezer album.

FYI: www.recordstore.co.uk has a discount for leap year today only 29% off your order using code: LEAP16.  

You need to spend over 50 pounds (or whatever USD equivalent) to use the discount.

This may sound petty but I was wondering how the people in this forum feel about requesting that if something is posted here that there be a 24 hour wait before it gets posted to the RACC facebook forum?  I'm a member there as well and enjoy many of the people there but that forum is really created around autograph dealers and not collectors so as soon as something is posted there, everyone (fan or not) is buying as many copies as possible to flip them.  I don't care that this is done but when I'm searching all the sites and trying to keep up on what autographs are being released it's because I collect and want collectors to have a chance to get one.  In a lot of cases, when it's posted on RACC, they're all gone in a very short amount of time, not leaving enough time (in my opinion) for everyone on here to have an opportunity to get one. I'd like to know what you guys think.  If no one cares, i won't say anything more, but IMO, the info given on this forum is benefiting the wrong people in many cases.

I agree wholeheartedly, I've stopped posting tips there. People are much too greedy and they've ruined opportunities in the past by buying too much. I know they are just taking advantage of the opportunity to make money, but this forum has always put collectors first, and RACC is most certainly not collectors first.

so how do you find the racc site.  Do you have to belong to facebook?

Yes, it's only on facebook to the best of my knowledge and then you have to request being added to the group.  It stands for Real Autograph Collectors Club but is a bit misleading as it was started and primarily run by autograph dealers as a forum to discuss their successes and sell their merchandise.  There are some benefits as they can also help to authenticate items you are looking at buying through their collective experience but the page is really about selling autographs, not collecting.

I like Raac and have a couple buddies over there.I don't post much there,including sites I find selling stuff. It is true if anything good comes up and they get wind of it, its not gonna last long, but any biggies like signed Henley cds just aren't gonna last long regardless. Keep your eyes out!

These signings are to thank collectors, not line the pockets of dealers. That's not cool.

If you want, we can start a closed group for signings that members have to join to be able to view. Any one of you can start a group. Just go here:

http://live.autographmagazine.com/groups/group/new

I think that would be a really good idea especially for people like myself that are not on facebook and don't know how to access it

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service