We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Views: 1432

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is an even earlier IP example from Francis and Violet Zane.

Here is a 5" x 6" cut with JSA:

Well...again imho..... this "To Roy" immediately disqualifies itself and I'd disagree with JSA. 

It's attributed to having come from the Moseley collection.  There was a bad Shatner that we discussed awhile back from that collection as I recall.

Is that that collection?

Yes, let's discount this "To Roy" example.

These are some examples I found online, 1955 t0 the early 60's with one later showing the adoption of the a new style which would become more flourished later as the "V" shape of the "P" becomes more prevalent as in the later examples on the first page.

Yipes!  .......

"Pour Pierre" (the last one above) = The Goulliard collection! 

Signature blue ink to boot!

p.s. I really like that Theatre World resume sheet.  Gallery of History acquired a massive file of those and have been selling them off for some years.  They're unquestionably authentic and a great window into the artist representing themselves and their work.  

They are authentic and expensive!   I broke down and purchased some of them for rare stars like Reta Shaw, Liam Redmond, Lee Kreiger and others I cannot recall right now.  They also purchased the studio employment documents a few years ago that are also authentic and cover some very obscure people.  A very good dealer but a bit of caution needs to be taken when looking at other collections of cards and photographs.  There are the odd secretarial ones that pop up.  

And that is PSA Facts! 

I removed it. It will only confuse.

I didn't realize PSA liked it.  I don't think it confuses and that's why I commented.  Otherwise my Goulliard comment makes no sense and there is no context.

Here it is, from the Goulliard collection that was included above as a sample (blue ink and all).  I don't care for it.

https://www.psacard.com/autographfacts/entertainment/anthony-perkin...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service