We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

90D0EA7E-AD9A-4188-94F9-20B1D101FCC0.jpeg

Hi,

Could anyone help me authenticating these Nirvana autographs please?

This was found in a loft in Paris.

That is the only info I have.

I have also attached another picture of a record found at the same place and time which is also signed.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thank you in advance!

Tags: Nirvana, autographs

Views: 7932

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ryan, Goodcat:

The foremost purpose of this site is to help protect collectors from buying or selling fake or highly questionable autographs. By buying and selling that Nirvana, you will now and forever be part of the problem.

I will probably permanently remove you both from the site.

That's outrageous Steve

It's nobody's business what happens in private.... this is an adult conversation is it not?

Nobody has proved these OP Nirvana's to be fake and it's only a small amount who think they are. Don't forget, many folks believe they are authentic. 

Let the men make their own decisions.

You have my pm and my phone number if you wish to talk in private with me

Goodcat, 

Two weeks ago, on Jan. 13, you said that many don't believe the Nirvanas are real (see below). Now you say that only a small amount of people think they're fake. 

What happened?

Goodcat,

If it's nobody's business what happens in private, then it must be OK to sell forgeries as long as you do it privately? Las Vegas will be relieved.

Rather than someone having to prove the Nirvanas are fake, which you keep challenging members to do, what really matters is showing that they're genuine with a high degree of certainty. But you won't, sometimes saying you don't want to reveal your Nirvana authentication "secrets."

You yourself said that many people believe the Nirvanas are real and many do not, but all you'll say is that the ink doesn't lie:

The reality is that in autographs, ink lies more than politicians, used car salesmen and lawyers combined. It can take years—decades in some cases—for a forgery style to be identified.

There's a long, long history of autographs that experts were completely convinced were genuine—until someone proved that there was no way that they were. Many were historical and vintage autographs, when people wrote and signed much more consistently than they have in the last 50 years.

Joe Long sold hundreds or thousands of forged Beatles autographs for years that no one questioned, which are now recognizable as obviously fakes.

So please, show us why you think they're undoubtedly real.

Actually, that was unfair. Take lawyers off that list. Ink isn't that bad.

IMO they are authentic because they match authentic examples (plain and simple)

I don't see anything that leads me to believe otherwise.

There are plenty of examples posted here and on other threads to compare them to. You can see for yourself. 

I've said what I think over and over and it's going nowhere and in circles. It's a matter of opinions and really nothing more.

It's not right to threaten banning 2 members in good standing because of what they believe to be true. Neither one of us is engaging in shady business deals. I believe it's authentic. 

I don't really know what else I can add ... 

just because ink has lied in the past doesn't necessarily mean that's what is happening here. Remember I warned against Witch Hunting. 

It's not a witch hunt. I'm trying to save the children before you throw them in her pot.

Haha

You do have a witty way with words

But I'm not alone in thinking they are authentic.

Ryan,

The reason I'm considering suspension is that you'd rather sell a highly questionable piece to someone else to save $200 shipping it back (you didn't use regular PayPal?).

The person you bought it from will see that he can do this and get away with it.

The person buying it will try to sell it, and some buyer won't know about the controversy around it and likely pay 5-figures. How would you like to be the one buying it for that? You're upset enough to find out it's highly controversial and paid only $1,200.

You bought a Nirvana signed LP on eBay for $1,200—a fraction of what it's worth—from someone who could have easily researched what it's worth. While you can get buys like these on extremely rare occasions, they're almost never from someone who bought the item and is reselling it. You know this.

The focus of Autograph Live is to educate people to help protect them from buying or selling forgeries. It's not a good ol' boys club where the rules apply to everyone else but us.

You've gotta walk the talk.

According to the Iconic auction description, one of the LPs was “obtained by a young French couple in early February of 1994.” In the OP, it just says “found in a loft in Paris.” Is “early February of 1994” an assumption based on the loft’s proximity to a particular venue where Nirvana performed?

Yes, it's an assumption. Nirvana played six concerts in France from Feb. 4-18. They played 16 concerts in Europe from Feb. 4-Mar. 1.

Why the couple left it when they moved out, and why there was another one similarly inscribed to a second couple who didn't live there but also forgot theirs is a mystery for the ages.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service