We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

90D0EA7E-AD9A-4188-94F9-20B1D101FCC0.jpeg

Hi,

Could anyone help me authenticating these Nirvana autographs please?

This was found in a loft in Paris.

That is the only info I have.

I have also attached another picture of a record found at the same place and time which is also signed.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thank you in advance!

Tags: Nirvana, autographs

Views: 7929

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for your help. 

also price if it sound to go it probally is nirvana is not cheap

john.....what did you say? 

And it's not providence... it's provenance. It's time you got it spelled correctly since you are a serious seller

It doesn't matter.

Both were purchased almost immediately without TPA help.

They are 100% authentic and ya they were priced surprisingly great

first im not a serious seller and why would I care if I can spell or have grammer I had a secretary for that .

I just had to deal with the junkies for a living and thank  god  I was able to retire very early im my life and travel around the world

I can name tons of top musicans that never had an education but became very well  off without going to any school.

that's whats great about America

Simon,

For Nirvana autograph opinions I first go to collectors I trust who got them in person.

Then I go to dedicated long-time Nirvana collectors.

If you buy, ALWAYS pay with regular PayPal, not Friends and Family. 

When you get them you need to inspect them carefully to make sure they're live signatures, everything adds up, etc. Roger Epperson is my first recommendation on modern music in general but he avoids Nirvana autographs except in rare cases where he has complete confidence in the provenance as well as the autographs.

There is something you are assuming Steve.

You're assuming I was the ONLY one who says they are authentic.

You'd be wrong in that assumption.

I had trusted and very experienced Nirvana eyes look at them before I even commented

And one of those trusted eyes is the one who layed the money down on the other set

Don't assume.... just read my words

+1

correct has anyone checked the catolge number also

what catalogue number would you be talking about?

everything produce can be traced back to where when and stuff like that if you know what ur looking for.

that's what makes some beatles records worth so much as maybe only 1 or 2 might have been pressed at certain plant.

not all in utero stuff was produced prior to kurts deaths

I see your points

"kurts deaths" ?   huh?  He only died once didn't he? LOL jkn w/ ya

Maybe I can clarify further when it arrives in the mail and in hand inspections are done

Until that time, I remain confident they are both authentic and the monies have already been transferred. There is nothing unusual about any of the members signatures.

They are on point in every way

I can't think of one Cobain autograph that is unquestionably authentic, unless it's a contract or there's a video of him signing it.

Finding it in a loft in Paris is the kind of story that counts against an autograph to me. Things like that are commonly made up and unless they can tell you who found it, when, how, and provide  contact information so you can speak to that person and question them in detail, I would consider it a mark against the piece.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service