We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Views: 385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not a Pete Rose fan, but actually...I like these. Rose has spent decades with the ban for betting on baseball hanging over his head. I think he's paid the price and it's time not to forget, but to forgive. These balls just show how ridiculous it's all become.

Obviously a sarcastic riff on the "I'm sorry I bet on baseball" balls. It could be interpreted as if he feels he is being victimized, which I'm not sure is a wise tact for him to take.

Ironically, there is something totally appropriate that he won't inscribe -- "Charlie Hustle."  Several years ago I asked him to inscribe this and he would not.

That's a shame..."Charlie Hustle" would help put him in a more positive light. Why won't he?

I have no idea. It wasn't just me. I learned after leaving his line that he wasn't signing it for anyone. Maybe he had an exclsuive deal with someone to sign that. Just speculating.

On another note, the image above is from a Mill Creek auction listing. Mill Creek is a terrific dealer with great items and service. I really wish I was able to photograph and crop my signed baseballs as well as they do!!

no question Mill Creek has great stuff.  But somehow I am missing the point of these balls, the "I'm sorry I shot JFK", and "I'm sorry I broke up the Beatles".  What is next, "I'm sorry I killed Bin Laden".  I just don't understand why anyone would want this garbage in their collection.  His autograph value continues to plummet because he signs so much, I just don't understand what this inscription nonsense is about.  Maybe he doesn't know how to spell "Hustle".  It is a tricky word.

Because he signs so much, he is probably asked to sign weird stuff just because it is less common. I don't really get it either, but my guess is these inscriptions are self pity to me... "poor me... the HOF thinks I am such a bad person... why not blame me for everything?..."

Yeah, I asked him for that one last year.  I settled for his career hot total instead.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service