We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Tags: #horror

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I couldn't help myself. He's offering 90 days on a COA through ebay, so I'll have JSA or someone look at it too. It was a little bit over what I wanted to pay on a photo in that condition, but I wanted an 8x10 in somewhat later years to better fit my Wood collection. 

Yes. I figured. I hope he came down a bit. I would go with an opinion from Dr. Brucato it were me.

JGreen - 

I agree with Eric on this.  Definitely have an authenticator you trust give it a look in person when you receive it if you don't feel comfortable trusting your own judgement alone.  I do like what I see from the scans of this particular piece, but nothing compares to having the item in hand for examination. 

I just looked at the seller's other items ... and this Lugosi (hopefully) is one of their exceptions as far as being real!  Sorry I didn't look earlier.

Will do! and no worries! We shall see ...

Yeah...it certainly looks to be a mixed bag to me.   Still, a stopped clock is right twice a day!

As you know, Dr. Brucato can work from a scan. I would definitely get an opinion ASAP. There appear some things the OP is not doing that the others are. Best to be safe. I am very cautious with this name.

Below are authentic exemplars with the OP .

Another version of this C. 1940 SP from Sanders, The OP, the signature from his Motion Picture ID (1944), another signature from the late 40's/early 50's and then two 1950's from TheCead and one 1956 as well (blue ballpoint).

Thanks for all the research that's gone into this, unfortunately the seller wrote me late last night and said the item was lost and issued refund! Maybe I dodged a bullet ... 

Lost? With the contrast and the price, I think maybe you did. And of course, you are very welcome.

"That film reel is incredible! True piece of cinema history"

Thanks JGreen! I am very fond of it :-)

Here is an authentic 1930's "in remembrance" and the OP which must be later:

I find it interesting there are so many requests for Bela Lugosi authentications than his contemporary Boris Karloff. 

Yes, not sure why ... 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service