We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Just realized this was gone so I’m making it again. 

Views: 43543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

would be an instant buy

Blink-182 announced a world tour with their original singer and a new song coming out this Friday… they seem to always have some type of autograph released on their website!

I just read that Neil Young with Crazy Horse Announced a New Album but I guess anything signed would just be wishful thinking huh?

That would be nice to get, but I think the only signed thing he did was that book that was something like $200-300. 

I presume you’re referring to the DE of Waging Heavy Peace?  The original retail price on that book was USD $500.  I have a copy.

There have been other limited edition signed items from Neil Young down the years.  Back in the early 1990s, you could get photo print packs that included one signed at random by Neil, for a small donation to the Bridge School.  There were signed posters, too.  In the late 1990s, there were even posters signed by Neil and Crazy Horse; again, to benefit the Bridge School.

In this century, there have been isolated, in-store book signings in the United States for GreendaleSpecial Deluxe, and To Feel the Music.

So, he does sign stuff, but it’s very limited.  I’m not aware of him ever doing a mass signing session for a new album, and I think that is unlikely this time around.

Yeah that's the one I was thinking of. I really wanted it but couldn't get myself to pay up for it. I just knew it was in the multiple hundreds and I was too lazy to look again. Other than that I haven't seen anything from him. I wasn't collecting autographs in the 90s, but wish I was, missed out on a lot of stuff I'd like to have now, that's for sure. 

If you collect signed books, as I do, the DE of Waging Heavy Peace is a lovely one to own.  Really beautifully done.  Neil’s signature inside isn’t the best example I have from him.  Here is my copy:

And here is my signed print from 1992, with a much nicer signature from Neil.  These came in packs of five different shots, with one print signed at random.  You couldn’t choose which one you wanted:

Both are really cool but I love the photo. I buy books when they're somewhat cheaper than other options, but prefer stuff I can display like photos. Too bad he doesn't still do the Bridge School signed photos, they'd make a killing if he signed a few hundred occasionally and charged a fair market value. 

Just for fun, here are the 1992 prices:

Wow, that's insane. I'd buy all 500 prints for that price lol. I wish I'd gotten into collecting autographs earlier.

Note: Don't see Neil Young when his blood sugar is low. He is one mean dude! Could not play and told the audience to      off!

Ha!

I’ve seen him nine times over the years, and never a bad show.  He can be irascible, for sure.

I’m retired from gig-going these days, so no fear of any bad experiences.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service