We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi,

need urgent help on this one, beckett said will not pass / unlikely to pass full authentication

I am about to ship funds for this item and it will be MOST important item in my collection

Can anyone help me out and confirm this is legit please!

some folks also said this is fake so idk

ty

Tags: Metallica, cliff

Views: 2502

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seller is well known in metallica community he meet band few times in mid 90s and very serious collector of music. Have more auth items in collection. 

Have great reputation overthere.

he bought this in 2007 from trustworthy seller and hes 3rd owner. 

Also it anyone know Brian Silver(one of the greatest metallica signature collector/collection in world ) he said :

“It’s a great set of sigs and one of the best i remember seeing of that era forsure
I would feel confident purchasing them, all good”

Enjoy it! :-)

Slobodan,

Roger is far better than me on music with few exceptions—and Metallica definitely isn't one where I'm better. I know this dates me, but I'm no fan of Metallica. They sound like the music you'd get if you put Alice Cooper in a meatgrinder.

But I was so sure that the autographs on the album are forgeries, and so respect Roger's opinions, that I spent a good half-hour this evening reviewing early-to-mid 1980s Metallica exemplars. I am still absolutely, positively sure that they are not real.

Roger has over 30 years of music autograph knowledge, and is as careful with his online opinions as he is on ones he gives when he sees the autograph in-person. They're not "quick opinions." He spends the time needed on every online submission to make sure he's confident with his decision. The main difference between Roger's online opinion and one where the autograph is physically sent to him is that he can confirm things that can only be determined or confirmed in person.

This is one of the rare times when I'd resubmit the piece to Roger and ask him to take a fresh look.

Here's your photo with the blank top and bottom cropped out to make it larger:

The ink doesn't make sense for me from the 80s . I agree with Steve.  Take it slow and try Beckett or jsa or psa also see what they say. 

I'd resubmit it to Roger and decide whether to get other opinions once he gives his. And I agree, take it slow.

I received answer from Alex ( owner of metallicasigned com ) :

“Very nice sigs!
Very real! 
Awesome piece !”
Also i compred with Metal Militia fan club created in 1983, first 100 lucky owners received signed photo card as thanks for supporting band

Here is photo promo card as well

I have one of those in my exemplars:

Very different to me in many, many ways. I'd avoid.

Other opinions? Perhaps posting the other signatures in this way will garner more opinions still.

I just don't see it - there are more differences than similarities here IMO It appears less ink where there should be more, baseline, angles of incidence, form, speed etc. You have more period exemplars to post?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service