We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How about an ongoing thread to highlight the new additions to your collection?

Whether it's a through-the-mail freebie or a big buck acquisition... it's all good. Show us what you got!

Views: 235462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Considering I purchased it for $6.00, definitely a good score! I appreciate your response thank you very much for your help!

Got this Charli D'Amelio today from one of my favorite RACC dealers. Maybe it'll be worth something more one day, she seems outgoing enough. 

No autopen here! This is my nicest David Crosby, for sure. Maybe even my nicest McGuinn. Very happy and the book is gorgeous, full of so many unseen photos.

Happy 11 (lol, typo) year anniversary to this thread! Here's Margaret Atwood's "The Handmaid's Tale", produced for Indigo's 25th anniversary celebration. One of two copies purchased during an event held on Nov. 8th at Indigo's Bay/Bloor (Toronto) location.

An intel report from the event -- when the organizers said signed copies would be "strictly limited", they weren't kidding. Atwood signed some stock just before the event started (no post-event signing, which means my first printing "Edible Woman" has to wait until next year for another opportunity), and we were directed to an endcap at the back of the store. They had, charitably, 75 copies of this specific title signed, and they went within two minutes. She signed about 200 books total, most of which were paperbacks/her newest essay collection ("Burning Questions").

The event was a lively discussion -- and touched on a number of themes, including Atwood's health (this event was previously postponed because she had COVID - that meant no photo-ops with fans), inspiration and living "with purpose". The discussion wasn't specific to the book, which is why this is being written separately from the community post I will eventually write up on "Handmaid" and its different editions/signature styles. (It's in progress - two posts are already written).

Glad to hear that she's getting out and about, but that was certainly a limited opportunity. 

Yeah, it was a zoo. I had to follow someone and squeeze through a couple of partitions to get a chance at them -- I was not taking any chances, and I've been particularly zealous in my pickups as of late.

As a bonus, here's my recording from the event - it starts from just after the topic of the event delay is answered. Runs about 40 minutes and has a Q&A session after (briefly interrupted by a crying child). Hope you enjoy.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/oygd4vwb3lkkd34/Recording_20.wav/file

I want to thank Doctor Robert on the great deal on this Lennon. I had it reframed at Michael’s with my choice of items related to Lennon. This one is going to the kids in the will, lol. Epperson authenticated. Please excuse the glare.

Congrats, Nick!  

Thanks, Steve! I had an authentic Lennon about 20 years ago that I regretted selling but it went to finance other ventures. I jumped on this one for the PC and it’s staying put. Now back to Classic Hollywood autographs for me.

You're welcome Dimeo. Enjoy!!!

Michaels......Really??? With something that valuable you are going to the cheapest framers.....Probably got the cheapest glass and frame!

Given how expensive framing is these days, can't blame him. Beautiful piece regardless!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service