We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How about an ongoing thread to highlight the new additions to your collection?

Whether it's a through-the-mail freebie or a big buck acquisition... it's all good. Show us what you got!

Views: 235667

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the man that cant ever get just ONE...LOL...love it Chris !!!

First auto to break the ice of 2013...a 1933 Original signed Goudey Yankees card of Ben Chapman....love it !!!!

Chris:

I can't but that is so I have something to trade you for stuff like that Ben Chapman!  

Nice pick up!

Chris

PS: Hope to have some Luis Aparicio rookie cards soon and I can't wait.

Hello everyone,

I have some really neat guitarist signatures fresh in. Some of these guys are super rare and i have been looking for them forever. This last month and a half has just been an amazing time to find autographs for me. I hope the same for all the other members as well. But im very proud to add these to my collection.

The first is a signed Musicians Union Card from Quicksilver Messenger Service Guitar great John Cipollina. A lady was renting out a house when a large cash of Cipollina's things came up. These including several signed membership cards similar to this and numerous pictures of John with friends and several postcards from others etc. Really a great find. I have been looking for an authentic sig for a while and am excited to have it.

The next item is even rarer. For those who play flamenco guitar, this one will hold special meaning. Sabicas is widely considered one of, if not the best flamenco guitarists ever. Sabicas was largely uneducated and he didnt sign all that many autographs. I have searched for years and finally found one. Its a beautiful bold signature on a program. I was shocked to find this.

The next item is just as rare. Most people dont know it, but Django Reinhardt had a peer when it came to his style of playing. Oscar Aleman was extremely influential to modern guitar, but also was every bit as good as Django. Its a shame his name isnt as well known, but he passed on a legacy just as vast as that of his peer Django Reinhardt. This is the first signature of him i have ever seen and its on a small 4 by 6 program card. Extremely rare!

And now some awesome blues items:

Blues Guitar Legend T-Model Ford: He was illiterate and could barely write his name

Here is a Lazy Lester

Here is a nice Paul Wine Jones:

And here is a cool Guitar Shorty

And a nice Eddie Kirkland:

And a cool Johnnie Bassett CD:

And an awesome Might Joe Young CD

And a cool Jimmy Johnson CD

And finally i thought i would throw in an LP signed by the banjo king Eddie Peabody:

Got Roger Waters last week in NYC.  He signed The Wall LP for me (original)

@Steve...thats awesome...post a pick if you could...hes the man !!!

Rivera Ball thanks to Mr. Zipper. Also got a TTM back from Mr. Bart Starr today, however I got it for my boss (who is a HUGE Alabama fan). Hate to see it go, took awhile to get back from him. 

Enjoy the Rivera! :-)

GREAT STUFF RYAN !!!

In this weekend: a few Luis Aparicio rookie cards and a 1960 Topps.

ONE IS NEVER ENOUGH....LOVE IT !!!

Well since I'm new to this forum, thought  I should post a nice piece I got from Pete Docter..Pixar animator and director of Monsters, Inc/Up and screen writer for Toy Story 1-3.

I actually live less than a mile from Pixar studios but for this one I just mailed him a piece of thick stock paper and politely asked if he wouldn't mind sketching me something. I got this back in about 10 days.

Really nice guy!

Enjoy Doug

Attachments: No photo uploads here

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service