We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How about an ongoing thread to highlight the new additions to your collection?

Whether it's a through-the-mail freebie or a big buck acquisition... it's all good. Show us what you got!

Views: 235541

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

right on --

Doug Gray Marshall Tucker Band

Here are he  3 CS&N autographs I have collected - they are PSA/DNA authorized - I wanted to make a shadowbox with them as a collectible =] Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!! P.S.==>  Do they  look "genuine" and what would you think they would be valued at?? ==> I know what I paid for them,but on another thread a younger guy and I were  talking about these kind of autographs - (the rock,pop,folk stars, baby boomer type autographs) - Now he is younger than I am and (generation X , I guess you would say) and he said that unless they were MEGASTARS like Elvis,Beatles,The Rolling Stones,Michael Jackson,Madonna etc...He wouldn't be interested in them @ all..so just wondering if they will increase in value....or pretty much just stay the same (due to a lack of interest from the younger set coming up!) - just wondering because it seems to me with the economy being so bad that autographs have taken a "nosedive" too!

First of all, these are lovely additions to one's collection. I do agree with Lofty in that the autographs would look better framed if they were on the same medium (card, album cover etc.)

Regarding that Gen X. view on baby boomer autographs, it all comes down to preference. I am from Generation Y, and am a huge Hollies and Byrds fan. I cannot say that the generations following yours would not value this era of autographs. However, the original fan base does dwindle through mortality.

The willingness to sign autographs does play a part in the value; David Crosby once said to a bunch of autograph hunters that they would get cancer if they sold his signature online. 

Elvis may have been a megastar, but he was only as good as the songwriters he paid for.

Hi Susan,
I'm of the earlier side of the 1980s, and will give you my opinion, for what it's worth. I can't comment on authenticity, but Crosby's abrasiveness will obviously increase the rarity of his autograph - but perhaps his attitude could turn a few people off? Time will tell.

Being a pedantic person, if I could not complete the signed photograph after many attempts (and the experience hadn't polluted my resolve in obtaining the signatures), I would obtain the signatures on index cards and frame them. As you appear to have the difficult one already on an index card (assuming all are authentic), I would put the signed photograph aside and aim on getting the rest of the band on index cards and matt and frame up together, I wouldn't bother with a shadow box, just a nice mat, frame, and discrete engraved plaque on the foot of the frame. It would bug me to have the signatures separated. That's just my personal opinion though.

nash and stills look good to me ,think rogers got one like that on his website so you could compare ,Crosby a nightmare he just don't want to know cant comment on his sig as ive seen many vairations again I think roger has one on his website

My newest toy for my turntable.

Who else knows who the hell Sparks are?

My latest creation! Purchased the auto from Phil Sears and then the matting from another source and hand Michael's frame it up with a nice frame and UVC glass! The only downer is that somehow the dimensions for the autograph cut got mixed up and it is a little small. 

Nice. Did you ever consider the museum glass? It's amazing!!!!

I think that is the glass we received. The best one available we told them. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service