We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

What's the Scoop on Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators, a New Authentication Company?

Could it be real... as in they know what they are doing?

http://gfaauthenticated.com/guarantee/   could it be that TPA's have some competition?

If authenticity is determined under such “Guarantee Resubmission” procedures to be found non-authentic, GFA shall pay the purchase price for the autograph in question or at the owner of the signature’s option to replace the signature with a GFA authenticated signature of the original signer of similar item and value.  GFA will also refund the reauthentication fee and postage and insurance costs incurred by the signature owner in sending the signature to GFA. It is understood that GFA will replace the signature or refund the purchase price after reexamination and a verifiable receipt of price paid is supplied to GFA.

Of course, it would be nice to know what the procedures for determining non-authentic are..

Service pricing model seems reasonable;

http://gfaauthenticated.com/services/

Since it's headed up by Steve Rocchi could there be another player in town?;

Since 1991 Stephen Rocchi former PSA President, and founder, a former President, CEO and Founder of Global Authentication and was responsible for hiring JSA authenticator Jimmy Spence also a former PSA authenticator. Stephen Rocchi has been instrumental in bringing the three largest authentication companies into the sports world.”

Since it stands for Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators (GFA). and so long as we keep certain FDE's out of it - wouldn't it be nice.

Tags: GFA, GFA-Authentication

Views: 27115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rubin, that crap and the rest of the garbage "authenticated" by Rocchi, are forgeries.  Rocchi took over where Chris Morales, Ted Taylor and Drew Max left off.

Sounds good and I've been looking at PSA to actually get them authenticated and will let you guys know the outcome, but it won't be before I get deployed.  I did get them at ATAuctions, but the only reason I knew about ATAuctions is because they used to be sponsored by AAFES (Army Air Force Exchange Services), but I know they aren't anymore and we were never told why.  Thank you for the heads up though.

Rubin

AAFES sold tons of forgeries before it was stopped.  All of that crap was "authenticated" by Chris Morales, Ted Taylor and Drew Max.  It was all forgeries.  

Rubin,

We already know what the outcome of these will be. Sucks you even have to send them to PSA and sink even more money into them. It isn't going to turn out good. PSA will decline those in seconds. I'd bet a paycheck on it.

Ditto.  PSA and JSA will reject that crap in a millisecond for more than just the obvious.

I'd only do one in the beginning and that would give me a pretty good idea.  I figure I can afford to do one and give everyone a pretty good idea.  Thank you for pointing this out and it just sucks that my name is even on a list like this, as it wasn't my intention and thanks to another ebay member for sending a question and letting me know this because I don't want to be with the likes of people like this that are scammers.

I really don't know who Rocchi and Morales, Taylor and Max is.  I'm pretty new to this, as all I kept before is UFC stuff, which I know is authentic because it comes from the UFC and its limited to 125 and the UFC hologram, straight from there.  But really, thank you for the heads up and my ebay rep means a lot to me and I don't try to rip people off.  It will all get authenticated and I'm very concerned to see if it is real.  We shall see, as JSA said they would give a 30% discount to anyone having a LOA from other companies.

Rubin, both Chris Morales and Ted Taylor (TTA/Stat Authentic) are on Ebay's Banned COA list.  And Drew Max should be on that list.

I guess I should really do more homework and thank AAFES for letting us get ripped off like this.

Here is a link to the live auctions over at AtAuction.  The Mickey Mantle pieces (autographs) are all forgeries.

http://atauction.com/iSynApp/allAuction.action?sid=193&selected...

AAFES knew these were bad 3 and a half years ago when I notified their HQs. They sided with Alwaysatauction over taking care of Soldiers.

That really sucks.  I thought AAFES would do better than that.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service