We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

If you had the power to make autograph collecting even better, what would you do?

Tags: Autograph collecting

Views: 1111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No problem. I'll put a calendar in the site.
It's great that the web site has been improved for cell phone friendly, but the daily digests that I get on my iPhone are almost impossible to read because the print is minuscule. That info is what directs me to the web site.
I also would like to know if I'm getting all of the possible info in those digests, because I think I'm missing a lot. Is there some kind of guide to help people navigate the web site and make sure that they are accessing all that might interest them?
Thank you!
Could you please send me copies of you digest emails and screenshot or two? I didn't know there was a problem with those. How long has that been?

There's no guide and we need one for sure. This site is 6 years old! I'll put that on the short list.

A few more quick opinion service's wouldn't hurt the industry, so the collector could choose or cross reference different Tpa's on difficult signatures.
There doesn't seem to be too many that offer the quick opinion service.

Great idea! I agree.

I think the Tpa's should say on autographs if the signatures are inconclusive, they cant render an opinion either way.
Tpa's should be open with the public if they dont authenticate a particular band, so the collector isn't spending money on quick op services for nothing.
On the other side of the coin if the collector gets a quick opinion he should follow it through and get the item written up properly by the tpa before he sells it.
You see people selling items its ok'd by such and such. That's really taking someones word almost that an item is real.

I try to be convinced through my own investigation before I use quick opinion services. There is a cost factor and it is just a piece of the puzzle. I also would like them to look at any autograph, not just auctions, even in a personal collection. I believe the $10 is worth it on an expensive item and would weed out some of these rip off sites. In the end, if someone doesn't see it signed in person, all is opinion based. That's where people need to study before they spend big bucks. Also, why these private signings cost so much. They don't have the time to study but they do have the cash to spare. 

Psa quick opinion service, they only offer opinions on items that are for sale.
So perhaps they could offer opinions without the auction tag.
There seems to be very few options.
Aml is great to get opinions, its filling a hole in the hobby.

This is my favorite site. I know most vintage Hollywood autographs fairly well. But newer signatures I struggle with. Must have a brain freeze! Anyway, more collectors would be better off if they were members here. Getting burned usually leads one to find this place but if a collector or person just buys without regard to learning a bit about this hobby, they reap what they sow.

Just having access to one or two tpa (co) is rather ordinary. It's better than none but more options would be better.
It looks like you have your answer Steve. We need to clean up the forgeries on eBay. Perhaps a partnership can be forged between eBay, PSA and JSA. It could be similar to their partnership with PayPal. Unfortunately that may result in a conflict of interest but it still may be worth a try. I also like the idea of a chat room.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service