We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

This is very disturbing......www.sportscollectibles.com

I just had a really weird and unsettling experience. 

I currently have a signed item that I am selling on eBay to (hopefully) raise some funds for another piece I have had my eye on. The piece I have listed is signed by a person that I have great interest in. Periodically, I do a Google search of their name adding "autograph" to see if anything pops up of them fresh to the market.

Tonight I was floored to see my item on eBay come up on Google....except it's not my listing and it's not on eBay. Instead, it's being offered on a website by a business who is not me, that I don't know and have never done business with. The website is www.sportscollectibles.com. Also, the price on their website is almost three times the amount that I have set as a Buy It Now on eBay but they have a "markdown" on it which is still twice what I am asking for it on eBay.  On top of all of that, they have used the scan of the piece that I provided on eBay on their site....as well as taking information that I provided in my description to use 

As I say, I do not have this piece on commission with www.sportscollectibles.com and actually have never heard of them until this evening.

What's going on here?  Anyone have any experience with this company?  Are they scammers?  Also, what would be your advice on what I might do?

Thanks!

Here is their website...it's pretty slick.

Sports Memorabilia & Autographed Sports Collectibles

Views: 1839

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To me this is BS. They violated your copyright and are selling your stuff. They bought it. 

I tried to explain to the COO what I understand as the difference between consignment with full knowledge of consigning by the owner and their approach. With their policy, the owner has no clue that their items are being offered on the sportscollectibles site at truly astronomical prices. 

Again, as you can see in the replies, they fell back to the position that they are "building relationships" with those of us who have had our material lifted from eBay without our knowledge.

"...they fell back to the position that they are "building relationships" with those of us who have had our material lifted from eBay without our knowledge."

Sorta like sneaking in and having sex with someone who's asleep.

Exactly what I was saying earlier. Awful. Great analogy! The "bridges" they are building should be burnt with these guys on them!

For those interested:

https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html

See opening paragraph and the first of the four determining factors.

The question I have is who is going to pay those prices. I am sure someone might. I do not think the pricing is realistic. 

p;enty i could show u some stupind prices that people pay for no reason all the time

and we scratch our heads on this site

I'd like to think of some way to flip this around on them. Their buying ID's would be a start. Perhaps someone could write them and ask for a very specific item, sell it and then cancel...there might be a way to bite them in the backside I don't know.

Eric - keep the creative juices flowing....that's actually the germ of a great idea!

Thank you Etienne. Will think some more. Whatever it is it should be overwhelming.

I actually like your idea. It would be funny to do that !

Thanks Karl ;)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service