We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Can anyone tell me if this Alec Guinness is authentic? I bought it off a UACC/AFTAL dealer in the UK. Thanks for the help. 

Views: 4122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robin who was the seller

When I get a moment I am going to post a better image. In truth, I am not certain, but there is no way I am going to give up on this hobby so fret not. I am just fed up of getting burned.
What do you think of this one? See attached. Nevermind, can't figure out how to attach w my phone. I'll try later.

Don't forget to post it JXE.  I'd love to see it.

Okay, here it is. What do you think?

Bump. Just making sure you saw I posted it. I know it's not the best image, but what do you guys think>

Sorry JXE but I didn't see this on Thursday.  Nothing really stands out as far as a red flag here.  At first I thought that maybe the letters in "Alec" were too near the same height but I don't believe that to be the case.  The bottom dot is a bit to the left but I wouldn't place too much concern on that.  It's a little to the left on mine as well.  I would like to get a closer look at the "Guinness" to see how much he identified each letter.  He is not known for a lot of bumps.  If those particular letters are clear then it's probably authentic.  I guess my next concern would be the source.  You know as well as I do that in autograph collecting trusting the source is half of the battle.  If you trust the dealer then I would say that you can rest easy.

I would love to get an opinion from Mr. Zipper as well.

I'd like to see a larger image. At this size, all you can really see is "shape."

Like Mike, nothing immediately concerns me from what I can see, but I'd need a much larger scan to make a more definitive opinion.

Thanks for commenting, guys! It comes from one of my favorite vintage dealers. Unfortunately, his scans aren't too hot so I'd have to buy it before showing you a more detailed image. He also has two other Guinness signatures that aren't Obi Wan pictures (so they're much less expensive). I think I'll go for it, then I'll put up a nice scan for you.

What are the other photos?  His performance in The Bridge on the River Kwai was amazing.

Okay, I was able to get a slightly better photo. Does this help? Click it, and it will expand larger and a little more clearly. 

Here are the other two the same dealer has for sale. There's a nice Kwai shot. PM me if you want details:

I'm guessing that Sir Alec sent the top two through the mail in a similar fashion to Mr. Zipper's signatures above.  Probably in the 1980s or early 1990s.  They look good to me JXE and you seem to trust the dealer so unless someone else sees something that I don't go for it.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service