We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi everyone,
Does this Babe Ruth autograph look real in your opinion?
Thanks!

Views: 1479

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It would have to be well-done.

One question comes to my mind. If I own four Babe Ruth autographs and sold one for $3000 with a PSA certification; why would I sell the others for a fraction of that? Why the lack of PSA on the other three?

Reminds me of an old saying. You can fool some of the people all the time. All of the people some of the time. But you can't fool all the people all of the time.

Buyer beware!

Daniel, Regarding the Harrison signature, did you ever ask the seller about its provenance? IIRC, it was sold as having been signed in a restaurant in the early 80’s, but you were told that it’s actually from the early 90’s. Where did he get that info?

Yes, the seller said it's from the early 80's obtained in a restaurant in New York. Perry said it's from the late 80's-early 90's and Jason said it's from the 90's. As far as I remember the seller told me that he got it from his business partner who got it from the original owner. I asked the seller for more info, but he said that's all the info he had. 

Perry inspected it with his eyes and hands so there is no doubt that it's live ink by human hand. Jason says the script is good, so..... if it's live ink by human hand and the script is good there is only one conclusion I can reach - George Harrison did sign it. 

We know this seller sells authentic examples and fake examples all together. Maybe this specific Harrison really is authentic. 

The fact that it ended at $400 with one bid only is almost meaningless to me because no doubt that many collectors saw it while the listing was active. They didn't bid because they were so afraid that something is wrong. They couldn't believe it was real for a few reasons: unknown seller, no LOA, no provenance, low starting bid - all these facts are very suspicious. That's why no one bid, except for me. 

I only have one question for you: if the same seller had sold this autograph with the certificate I received from Perry, even then it would have ended at only $400? Think about it.....

Perry Cox, Roger Epperson, Jason from Tracks, Terrier, Mark Naboshek, Garry Marsh, Mark Peterson, Adam Halloran, Nick Mass and many more - all told me that it's a classic and real example, so who am I to disagree? 

Didn't you have such rock solid faith in the Ringo as well? Wasn't that returned after you said you would never until told to do so? Who are you? A collector with eyes like everyone else. :)

The Ringo and this George are two different issues with different opinions. The Ringo really was an atypical and strange example. The George is a classic one. 

I also bought a beautiful full name autograph of Paul from a private seller on Ebay for only $450 with no certificate, no provenance and a low starting bid (I think the starting bid was $400. I wasn't the only bidder). The fact that it sold for only $450 makes the autograph fake? Definately not. And there is no doubt that this Paul autograph worth a lot more than $450. 

Sometimes there are bargains on Ebay, you just need to know how to find them and some luck won't hurt.   

I think it was clear the Ringo was by another hand. The conversation dropping dead once there was imagery to discuss did not help. I never said low price meant forgery. I only buy bargains on eBay. I have purchased Bowie signed late-date promo CD's for $49 raw, vintage Bowie SP's for under $80 raw, 1954 Garland for $68 and so on, Waters for $49, Gleason for $20, Gilmour for $70...

What did folks here think of the McCartney? I don't recall it.

As far as I remember everyone agreed it's authentic. Ballroom and Terrier also said it's good. Jason from Tracks said it's good and wanted to buy it. Perry issued a COA for it after physical inspection. It's a classic example:

So you still believe that the Ringo is authentic, but retuned it because it’s an unusual example?

I didn't say I still believe the Ringo is authentic. Actually, after seeing the comparison between the right and left examples, I became convinced that this Ringo was probably not authentic.

But! there is a lot of difference between that Ringo and this George. Ringo had everyone's opinion here that it wasn't real. However, on George's autograph the majority said it was good. Only you and Steve had doubts. 

With that level of confidence, I’m surprised that it didn’t receive more bids. The next time I see a stiff looking IP Harrison with rushed characteristics, I’ll be sure to express complete confidence in its authenticity.

I’m very surprised about the Ringo considering the “oh holy COA” thing and your outrage that anyone would have the nerve to even question it.

I am surprised too from the things expressed in that thread. Daniel was all in with that signature and would only return it if Perry told him to as I recall.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service