We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Here is an interesting Kurt Cobain autograph with the inscription " God Is Gay" that is being offer for sale on the bay. It has been authenticated by JSA.

I like it but this is offer by the same seller who had sold a similar Kurt Cobain autograph with the same inscription that was signed on a notepad back in November 2012. Carl Ryan posted the discussion. Here is a picture of the autograph.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/interesting-kurt-cob...

What are the chances that you get your hands on 2 rare similar autographs with 2 similar inscriptions???

The auction is up to $1825.00 with 3 more days to go.

:)

Views: 4725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Noelle,

Firstly, I'm usually one of the biggest skeptics of people who show up to defend their items--follow my moderating (or past posts) - and you'll see that.  Second, I asked because up until that one sentence calling the JSA a fake, nobody had.  In fact most people thought that one was probably legit. Thus the question.

I do not know Kurts signatures at all. 

-w

Not sure on the Texas map... It doesn't feel right.

I completely agree with everthing Noelle has stated. I think the map is a pretty good try, but that's ALL it is. I really can't believe that JSA would authenticate that.

Well! Well!! The Kurt Cobain autograph with the same inscription but signed on a notebook that was sold by the same seller is back on the bay with a Buy It Now price. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kurt-Cobain-NIRVANA-Signed-Booklet-AUTHENTI...

Personally I would say that this is not authenic.

its funny  because craig is a member of the forums and I think that craig asked for opinions on this item and was told not to buy it after winning the auction. Either way being a member here should have known it was likely bad thus why it doesn't have psa or jsa like all his other high end items

Nice find J.

These guys will just never learn. Its just a broken record at this point

Shame on JSA for certifying the previous one and costing someone $5K. It was such an obvious forgery from the start.

Can anyone shed any light as to what specifically would have made JSA think it was fine?  As James said that's $5,000 someone has just  paid

I'm guessing the $60 or $70 dollar check was the convincing factor.

Yep !!! but  I wonder why  they were so sure it was authentic.  What I was trying to find out was how they came to  the decision that this was an authentic offering.  At least PSA/DNA's opinion on the other offering from this seller was  'unable to render opinion'

At least he did not pay $5K for this notebook. This signed notebook was sold for $1807.22.

This was the reply from PSA/DNA when it was submitted for an opinion:

Your Request for Item "Kurt Cobain signed notepad", eBay Lot No. "181017610161", opinion was rendered at "11/5/2012 12:51:42 PM" and the result was:

Response: "Unable to Render Opinion"

PSA is smart to issue an "unable to render an opinion". That can be said for all Kurt signed stuff unless of course it comes with iron clad provenance. Anyone and everyone could forge his stuff with a pen and a piece of paper. Certain signatures are difficult to forge. Kurt's isn't one of them. I'd stay away from anything signed by him unless there was a picture of him actually signing it. As you can see from the example above, even the certification services are pretty much useless trying to detect a real one from a fake one.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service