We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

They seem to have an AMAZING assortment of very RARE signatures- all Modern Music- Dylan, Beatles, Marley, Stones, Nirvana, etc . I'm no expert but they do look good, and most have detailed stories of how/when the sigs were obtained. ANY thoughts, feedback, and advice would be GREAT. Thanks in advance!!

Views: 3299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm glad my copy of U2 "The Joshua Tree" don't look like this one.....

http://yhst-62976399979218.stores.yahoo.net/u2sijotralbo.html

The forger may have benefitted from, oh I don't know, perhaps actually looking at what an authentic example might look like.  

Joe,

I'm glad you asked before you bought. I don't recall ever seeing an autograph at www.popculturesignatures.com that I thought was genuine...and I don't know anyone who has. I would absolutely avoid them.

Thanks Again- You, this Site and the Members are the best and should be applauded!!

Ha, plus they look like newspaper clippings from 1964.

Ha! Here is some good advise directly from Jim Falkenstern of popculturesignatures.com

" Learn as much as you can about the signing habits of your subject. Study other examples of their signature, and compare them. Learn to trust your own instincts and gut feelings about them. "

Perhaps he could apply that to his own forging techniques in order to produce less embarrassing results.

Are you telling me that the copy of the White Album signed by the Manson Family, the fully-signed Beatles bootleg LP, and the Jim Morrison autograph Scotch-taped (with the tape covering a portion of the autograph) into a book published in the early 90's aren't authentic?

Why don't you point out what you're concerned about and ask them to respond?

I saw one or two guys call him out on ANL.  I don't recall seeing a response.  

What would that accomplish? The set response seems to be that the items came from a longtime collector, and that the autographs compare favorably to other authentic examples.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service