We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I posted a picture of this book earlier this week, but it was in a discussion titled, "Does anyone know who Gary Hein is?" Gary Hein is the gentleman who authenticated this book in 1999. He is the owner of Hein's Rare Collectibles. He is said to be a Beatles expert with nearly 40 years experience now.

So previously, my friends Paul and Ballroom gave the thumbs up, and Terrier commented on Hein's website, but said he wasn't questioning the authenticity. All three of these members have great credibility and are respected members of this site. And I thank them for their opinions.

Well, so now I have purchased the book! My first Lennon ever! I just bought it last night, so I have not yet received it.

So I would like to get as many opinions as possible. I hope I made a good purchase. I think I did.

So please opine away. There is a picture below. Thanks in advance.

Views: 1661

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is a great piece! I would contact Frank Caiazzo and send a picture, let him know who you bought it from and I am sure he will authenticate it for you (for a fee) when I bought my McCartney from rockaway they told me that since they had seen the piece and deal with rockaway that they would let me purchase a loa.

It is a smart investment since Caiazzo's opinion carries a ton of respect.

Nice purchase!
Thank you, Adam! That sounds like a good idea, because I would like to get an LOA from either PSA, JSA, or Frank Caiazzo. So are you saying that Frank might issue me an LOA without actually having to send it to him? That would be nice if so.
Possibly, Frank saw my piece already in person. He issues loas for these businesses and authenticates for them, but doesn't always issue a loa because they still have to pay for it. That is what rockaway told me. I then emailed Frank to make sure he did in fact see it.

He said that because I bought from rockaway that he would issue an loa because I bought from them. Hein does business with Caiazzo, so it is worth a shot emailing him.

Congrats, James! It is indeed a great piece with a nice signature and doodle. I was wondering though why the price was increased to $9,500?

I was eyeing it off on ebay at one stage and my guess someone consigned it to garry, with a new price tag.
Thank you as well, Ballroom! I saw the same thing, And I was like...say what?! Because believe me...I didn't pay $9500! Although, as much as I love my new Lennon...if someone wants it for $9500 or heck...even $8999, I think we could make a deal! LOL!
;0)

congratulations James, that is a nice pick up

I dealt with Gary Hein one time only in around the year 2000...

He was honest and easy to deal with...

Looks like he hasn't changed a bit...

thats nice james; - congrats

Thanks, Michelle!
It's good to know that Gary is held in high regard. Thanks, Don!
Thanks, Terrier! A thumbs up from you means a lot.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service