We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

To me this looks good but I would like to get other opinions. 

Views: 3903

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

its been sold two or three times this year dealer to dealer going up a hundred or so each time it sold here in the UK and sold twice in the US this last couple of months,it originally came with a rare photo of john in his garden taken at the time of signing summer of 1967 but it looks like its got lost or been kept along the way

In my view this is a horrible item whether real or not. Terrible condition, wrong period signature, sold on too often and too fast - yuk!  Apologies for my plain talking but I wouldn't touch it. 

I think you're best paying more and getting a more certain, problem free piece.

You bought it for $101?

that makes no sense at all it sold a month ago may 23rd this year on e bay for $930 by the-memorabila-vault in new york  ,how can someone then sell it again nearly straight away for $100, great buy of course but puzzling do you have it in hand if not be carefull as it might be some sort of scam as it doesnt add up

then its a great buy and the guy needs to take some lessons in business skills and common sense

Congrats, Gio. You're lucky to have found that listing. It wasn't even listed in the "Autographs-Original" category, and there's no mention of "Beatles." There were only two bidders(!).

I never thought I would say this but it would look better cut out and put on an Upper Deck AUTO insert card.

Great price...decent autograph....but that album cover is fd

I know I said this was a horrible item but even I would pay $101 for it. I would try to do something fancy with double or even triple mounting rather than cutting. You could maybe include a period photo (i.e. from 67-ish). Given the bargain price you may as well lay out $200-$300 on really good-looking archival presentation. I wouldn't cut an item unless it was necessary to preserve the piece - highly unlikely to happen of course.

Thank you Eva for the great ideas. Never thought about that but mounting and adding a photo might conceal the damaged areas and create a great display. I also wouldn't like cutting the signature out the only time I have done that in the past was on a Christine Rosamond Signed lithograph I had that developed mold and was eating up the paper.

The Memorabilia Vault was the company involved in the "Michael Jackson signed drawings" that supposedly came from Cory Feldman but he denied having anything to do with. They used a pic of Feldman with a wall of drawings as provenance that Feldman said was not real...it was photoshopped.

For someone to blow this Lennon out so cheaply in an eBay auction virtually guaranteed to bring bottom dollar doesn't make any sense. Is there some kind of scam? Could it be stolen goods?

Gio, I'd hold off on cutting the autograph out to give dust time to settle.

It was offered by eBay seller rockshopngavel back in January of this year. Here's the listing:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VO3-OVo9o7kJ:w...

Seller notes: “POOR THE SLEEVE IS WORN PARTS MISSING SEAM SPLITS ETC ESPECIALLY THE REAR SLEEVE WHERE PARTS ARE MISSING BUT THE SIGNATURE IS FULLY INTACT it is not a cut signature it is on what remains of the rear sleeve of the lp AND IS QUITE LARGE AROUND 3.5" PHOTO IS NR MINT”
JOHN LENNON SIGNED BEATLES PLEASE PLEASE ME MONO LP COVER...ROGER EPPERSON AUTHENTICATED VIA QUICK OPINION AS GENUINE

SIGNED ON THE REAR SLEEVE IN BLACK PEN DURING THE SUMMER OF 1967 AT JOHNS HOUSE KENWOOD IN WEYBRIDGE SURREY, COMES WITH A PHOTO OF JOHN TAKEN SAT AROUND THE POOL AT KENWOOD DRAWING OR PAINTING HE LOOKS RELAXED MOST LIKELY IN THE SUMMER OF 1967 TAKEN AT THE TIME THE LP WAS SIGNED , I WILL INCLUDE A LETTER IN THE FORM OF E MAIL IN WHICH THE ORIGINAL SELLER STATES THAT HIS FRIEND WENT TO JOHNS HOME TWICE IN 1967/1968 ON THE VISITS HE GOT A SGT PEPPERS LP AND THIS LP SIGNED BY JOHN HE ALSO TOOK PHOTOS OF JOHN AND CYNTHIA RELAXING AT THE HOUSE ONE OF JOHN IS INCLUDED AS A MODERN REPRINT HE ALSO STATES THAT ONE OF THE PHOTOS JOHN LIKED SO MUCH HE PUT IT ON THE WALL WHERE HE SAT IN THE HOUSE
THE GOOD NEWS.... A GENUINE SIGNED PLEASE PLEASE ME LP WITH RARE PHOTOGRAPH AND PROVENANCE LETTER ,THE BAD NEWS POOR CONDITION ESPECIALLY THE BACK COVER HOWEVER THE AREA AROUND THE SIGNATURE IS ALRIGHT WITH JUST SIGNS OF SOME PAPERLOSS TO THE FAR LEFT THIS COULD BE MATTED OUT WITH SOME CLEVER PROFESSIONAL FRAMING OR BY USING ANOTHER LP SLEEVE AND MASKING IN ETC OR EVEN PROFESSIONAL RESTORATION ,THE SIGNATURE IS QUITE LARGE AT 3.5" LONG I HAVE TAKEN PICTURES TO SHOW HOW THE SLEEVE COULD LOOK IF MATTED /MOUNTED AROUND THE SIGNATURE THOUGH PROFESSIONALLY FRAMED IT WOULD LOOK SUPERB

THE BUYER GETS THE SIGNED LP COVER THERE IS NO VINYL ,1 RARE PHOTO, THE LETTER/E MAIL FROM THE ORIGINAL SELLER, AND A COPY OF ROGER EPPERSONS E MAIL AUTHENTICATING THE ITEM , PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THE POOR CONDITION OF THE LP SLEEVE

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service