Lot of Michael Jackson signatures... real or fake? (Forger Erick Oswaldo McKay, Erick Mckay Burgos) marc-at2014, always-4-fun, bluelifesaver, disneycolector eBay names

Hope I'm asking this in the right section...
I've recently bumped into this person's little collection of MJ sigs...

http://billiejean5809.deviantart.com/gallery/

My concern is that all those sigs look too similar... I'm thinking they're signed by the same person, but I'm stumped as to if they're really Michael.

Thank you for any opinions/help in advance.

MODERATOR NOTE:  All of Erick McKay Burgos' art folders on Deviant Art have been removed by him after being outted here.  They were screen captured before his removal and are listed below.   Please use them to reference as you read through this thread.

Tags: Burgos, Erick, Jackson, Jacksons, McKay, Michael, always-4-fun, always-last-1, always.top.10, bluelifesaver, More…disneycolector, jacksong, marc-at2014, song_jack

Views: 63620

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been with my mom in the hospital most of the day and haven't been able to suggest something.

The Erick (Burgos? McKay?) forgeries offered as Michael Jackson signed drawings are generally easy to spot once you know what you're looking for (at least the style we know) and unquestionably fake.

Regarding the ones that look traced that Wascher and Lizzie posted, I think they definitely should be researched and discussed, but they're not cut and dry like the Erick ones are. I agree with those who feel that it seems strange that MJ would trace cartoons particularly instead of drawing them freehand, but I haven't seen enough of his art with rock-solid provenance and I haven't talked to MJ's family, so I don't know if he did or not. And most of the autographs on them look in range to me, to the point I'd show them to Roger for his opinion.

What about trying to find as many MJ drawings with rock-solid provenance as you can that were sold or displayed before he died? Signed and unsigned. That would be hugely valuable for MJ fans, collectors and dealers.

I agree that would be a helpful thing to do.  Certainly there can't be any doubt about the album insert drawings.

I believe there are one or two genuine drawings of children that are well documented.  I'm not sure if this (1st attachment) is one of them: (I don't have a documented source for this).

I'm fairly sure the next one is not: (Currently on ebay).

(I don't think the USA uses A4 paper?)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICHAEL-JACKSON-HAND-DRAWN-PICTURE-/26166...

The first one is the legitimate one (even tho it has a tracing over the name), and the 2nd is a copy/tracing someone made up of the first one.  That second one sold at Gotta Have Rock N Roll. Erick's Clown drawing shown earlier in the thread was in that very same auction.

The first one (legitimate one) came from a collection of items belonging to the Jacksons.  They had a storage unit full of items but went delinquent on their rent on the unit, and the unit was sold off.  I believe Henry Vaccaro is the one who bought the contents in the end and auctioned off most of the stuff.  Howard Mann was involved in some of this too but I can't remember what his deal with all of this was.

-w

I need to correct the above information.  The second one is absolutely still a copy of the first one, but is not the Gotta Have Rock and Roll piece-- below is.  I should have looked at my folder of items first before stating the 2nd one was the same one.  I didn't realize there were now 2 copies / redrawings of the original piece.

Here is the second image of the MJ Martin Luther King Jr. which can be found online by googling "Martin Luther King Jr. Michael Jackson art"
Attachments: No photo uploads here
This is the art piece resized
Here is the Martin Luther King Jr. reference photo. In this photo we made it transparent.
Here they are overlaid upon each other.
Here is the Martin Luther King Jr. in the art studio. Shown from a distance and at an angle.
Here is the Martin Luther King Jr. zoomed in. Keep in mind this piece is at an angle and we had to zoom in plus it is behind glass.
Here it is resized to get ready to overlay.
Here is the Martin Luther King Jr. reference photo.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service