We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

mantle%201.jpgmantle2.jpg       I need expert opinions,here!!!!

Views: 2133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Joe,

With that red backing it took under 1 minute to find. It also was listed after that and closed at $495...

Eric

Or perhaps, John, you bought it for $345 on the 22nd? $395 had free shipping...Why do you think the price keeps going down, John? At this rate, you ought to get a really good deal next week - maybe $245? But how/why what - 4 sales -  that is my question. It keeps getting returned despite the restocking fee? What for? Hmm.

Eric

John,

Autographs are like parachutes. 

Some parachutes that look real are counterfeit, and the owner slams in the earth and dies.

Some genuine parachutes are shaped wrong and the owner slams into the earth and dies.

No matter how you look at it, the buyer of the autograph dies and the seller is left with blood on their hands.

What we are getting pretty good at Chris, is identifying these losers.

True

When this thread was first posted Terrier and myself had opined it as being authentic, but we also knew it was a "gotcha" thread or a "test."

And that's why we posted our "What do you think, John" comments.

This type of thread discourages collectors from opining in the future.

By the way, there is no shame in being wrong sometimes; no one learns if they don't make mistakes.

There are many knowledgeable autograph collectors on this great site (thank you, Mr. Cyrkin) who offer their knowledge free of charge and they are to be commended, but this type of thread will discourage some of those knowledgeable and generous collectors to opine in the future.

It shouldn't discourage them, Chris. The ones who end up looking bad are the ones who pull these ridiculous tests.

Is John some eBayer who was called out?

Oh I see. Yes, a disgruntled eBayer.

If I paid over 500 bucks for that Mantle signature, I would be disgruntled also.

"that's my ball, but it's not me!"

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=1508840#post1508840

For someone that is so cocksure that his signature is authentic, he sure seems to need a lot of reinforcement.  which he is not getting because at best, it is a less than desirable example.

I thought he bought it from his best friend.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service