We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 100942

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Simon,

There was an elaborate scam perpetrated last year regarding a large number of supposed Michael Jackson-signed drawings, with fraudulent photographic evidence and provenance documents. Why don't you contact Roger Epperson, show him the drawings, ask him what he thinks of them today? 

If Roger turns around and says he was wrong, then we wouldn't sell them. Unless someone else says they are right. Roger as far as we know is sticking by his word.

Simon Parr,

Have you contacted Roger about these and asked if he has a different opinion today? I think you'll find that he does.

How many of these did REAL cert?
Earlier it was asked if Roger still certs for JSA?

In an affidavit dated 9-4-15 he states:

"In a typical month, I profesionally authenticate approximately 350 to 450 signatures at the request of the autograph hobby community. Typically, I will authenticate about 150 signatures for RR Auction, 100 signatures for James Spense Authentication and 100 to 200 signatures for other auction houses or collectors that contact me for my services."

Source: hcdistrictclerk.com

Case # 201524710

Seems a current, clear, and honest answer to the question
As long as the original cert says genuine on it, I doubt David of Simon Parr much cares to hear what Epperson's opinion is now. He has already said as much, since this is a hobby of opinion and he has the COA's from experts to back them up...In there mind COA = Genuine.

MICHAEL FLATLAY OWNS A PIECE WITH SIMILAR WRITING ON IT. HERE IS A PICTURE.

Flatlays looks nothing like the ones you have. 

OMEGA AUCTIONS:  Here's another one. 

The dove at Omega is a forgery.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service