We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

90D0EA7E-AD9A-4188-94F9-20B1D101FCC0.jpeg

Hi,

Could anyone help me authenticating these Nirvana autographs please?

This was found in a loft in Paris.

That is the only info I have.

I have also attached another picture of a record found at the same place and time which is also signed.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thank you in advance!

Tags: Nirvana, autographs

Views: 7930

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve that's why I posted some signed albums except for the first one Dave's signature changed and although it's not impossible to have the krist and Dave sign the old way. The mag down the bottom is an example Irish signing differently and Dave doing the loop instead of blocking.  

An old one from autos99

To address this notion that forgers dont inscribe: so you have an item where you have $0 investment in. It could be worth $12k uninscribed or $10k inscribed. The inscription allegedly takes the suspicion off, however. Well you take the $10k everytime. This isnt rocket science. You get free money and lessen suspicion.

+1 forgers certainly inscribe:

Funny how in this case the inscription is adding to the suspicion

I wonder how long this thread will be around

It's certainly making waves haha

I wanted to make one thing clear.... People keep saying/assuming that I know the background on these items.... I don't !!. I know as much as anyone else reading this thread. All I did was put the seller and buyer in touch with each other. That's it that's all. I have nothing to do with what happened before or after. 

Also, Nirvana was only around for a short time and their sigs didn't vary all that much. We see Kurdt and Kurt, Chris and Krist and Dave and David in many combinations together. They are really not much different than looking at early Floyd sigs. 
Xweisey is right... this ain't rocket science lol

I don't know why I keep stepping into this fire pit, but it is entertaining if nothing else haha

And we all know forger's add inscriptions... that's been proven over and over.

So here's a new question/direction...
Who do you think is the best at authenticating Nirvana? 

Most TPA's are backing away from Nirvana, so who does this leave us with? 
Do you trust your own eyes?

Marc e...
Why do you assume someone had to bring the LP with them from the USA, get it signed and leave it there? People from Europe have been ordering records from the USA for decades. And US citizens have been ordering LP's from Europe for decades. The mail service is a pretty good way to get items that aren't available in a homeland. 

goodcat, I dont mean anything personal on any of this. Ive been doing this a long time, never seen anything double inscribed and Ive never seen a n example of dave's handwriting like that. you have to admit this story is zany. I mean it is loopy as hell. Two double signed in uteros both with double inscriptions? 

Zany might be the right term

For me, I'm trying to stay clear of the atypical aspects.
If you ONLY look at the sigs themselves (I mean Kurt, David, Krist), I see only authentic sigs. What do you see?

The stuff surrounding it and the back story is adding to the confusion wouldn't you agree? 

so now u saying they order the vinyl from a indepent  and then decided to have it signed after pay overseas shipping and duties and then leave them there. sure

and how do u know that wasn't available in france

dude, I don't know what happened with regards to the LP's

And neither do you

Who cares, it means nothing

What matters is the ink in the end

see that's your problem its not just the ink 

but your just blind to peoples different opinions

Nope

The ink stands on its own merits 

Everything else is pure speculation 

As Paul spotted, we actually have a member of this forum creating the book to guitar transformations. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service