We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

90D0EA7E-AD9A-4188-94F9-20B1D101FCC0.jpeg

Hi,

Could anyone help me authenticating these Nirvana autographs please?

This was found in a loft in Paris.

That is the only info I have.

I have also attached another picture of a record found at the same place and time which is also signed.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thank you in advance!

Tags: Nirvana, autographs

Views: 7930

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, I’ve had enough of the back and forth on this. I requested a refund and the seller has obliged. If anyone wants to buy this off me so I don’t have to pay for shipping to France, let me know quickly. I’m over it.

is  that a  typing  error?  do you mean you paid one thousand three hundred us dollars for the Nirvana ?

clue #4678

???? . 

I understand that someone paid $800 for the other one.

If you bought it off of eBay and used PayPal, you’re covered!

Ryan,

Please do not offer it for sale. Not if you know there are issues with it. If you can return it, please do.

which one does ryan own? which image?

Which ever one Iconic Auctions didn’t sell a few weeks ago.

Ryan... I accepted your friend request

Contact me ASAP !!!

Xwiezy, you asked what the significance is of the camera settings/background being the same.

It means that all 3 were owned by the same person, who had at least one of the 3 in 2016.

The two inscribed Nirvana In Utero purportedly signed albums that are the topic of this discussion were supposedly discovered by a lady in Paris when she was cleaning the attic (or some storage space). Presumably in 2018 since that's when they were offered for sale but I don't know if that was stated.

She didn't have 3 albums. She had 2.

The third In Utero album purportedly signed by Nirvana is laying on the same plain background that the other two were photographed on, although one has a yellowish tint to the photo so it may not be obvious. The original 2 don't have as much of the background showing but hopefully there's enough to show what I'm pointing out.

None of the albums were photographed with the camera perpendicular to the album covers. All were photographed from the bottom edge with the camera angled up a bit.

The third album has a JSA LOA dated May 6, 2016. It was on eBay priced at $14,999 and sold in July 2018, but I don't know for how much.

If the lady had 2, why would there be a third one, certified at least 2 years earlier, with the same background and camera angle? Did she sell it to the same person who owned the other one?

Did he not know that the earlier one went to JSA, got a $250 LOA, and was listed at $15,000? Is that why he sold the albums to 2 parties at $800 each?

Hope that explains it.

Xweizy, I forgot to attach the comparison image! The 2016 one is in the center. Click for huge:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service