We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

England & Ireland Retailers:-

https://medium.com/@allenlanebooks/1964-eyes-of-the-storm-special-l...

US retailers:-

https://medium.com/@LiverightPub/1964-eyes-of-the-storm-special-lim...

Retailing for £1500 or €1700

Limited to 350 overall (according to Paul’s newsletter)

Views: 22934

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was shocked to wind up getting this.  I’d given up hope after contacting nearly every U.S. retailer that was supposedly getting them and hearing their prices. About two weeks ago, just as publication date neared, I heard from one that was offering raffle tix ($10/ea) and if you win the raffle, I think you had to pay $2500, though I might be misremembering their price.  

Then heard from another place, saying they had an offer of $3000 but anyone receiving the email was welcome to submit their best offer.  They wrote back a couple days later saying “The winning bid was in excess of $6000.00.”

Then, on June 15 I heard from the LAST retailer I hadn’t heard back from, saying they’d received their copies (two) and “Since you previously expressed an interest in purchasing one of these copies, we wanted to check back in with you to see if that's still the case.”

I immediately wondered how many people had received that email, and wondered what their price would be, as it wasn’t mentioned. I said I was interested, but held out little hope. A couple days later, they responded, asking for my shipping address to calculate costs.  The item price?  Shockingly, it was $1500.

Arrived on the 26th, and I’m thrilled. #93/175. As I think my avatar shows, this is my 2nd Macca sig.  He signed the pictured album for me at a concert in SLC in 2014.  Along with a few of Harrison’s Genesis books, and a couple Ringo sigs, I think I’m set now.  Don’t think I could ever afford or trust a Lennon sig…

Great result ! I also have a copy but I’m in the uk 

you got very lucky there 

Nice, congrats on scoring one at retail….very cool of the store to follow up like that. Nice score on the signed New too!

So back in April when this book had been announced I was looking on social media for bookstores that advertised they will have it in stock. Suddenly one indie bookshop from Texas posted that they got one copy and I called them immediately (probably like 2-3 mins after their post, just a coincidence I found it quickly!). They have sold it to me for $2k, which is more or less close to retail price (which was like $1500, I believe?).

I managed to finally get it delivered to me last week as I wasn't in the US for a while. It is a truly beautifully designed book, although Paul's signature looks a little bit sloppy compared to even one autograph I got from him in person earlier this year. I guess being 80+ and signing like 350 autographs in one go (assuming there were 175 for the UK/ROW and 175 for the US) is quite unusual for him and he rushed through them, understandably.

Interestingly, they have enclosed original invoice from the publisher in my package and it seems bookstores have been paying $750/per book wholesale price - so even selling them at retail for $1500-2000, they have made quite a bit of money. That is why I don't particularly like approach of some bookstores which auctioned them or sold for triple (or more) of retail price.

I know this is kind of random but I noticed Paul McCartney’s other deluxe signed book The Lyrics was printed in China. I am curious, is this signed 1964 Eyes of the Storm book also printed in China? 

One from ebay

Thanks.

Looks good, nice to see another one scored at retail 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service