Garry King is well liked by some but I see a big problem with some of the items I see on his site.  I'm not referring to Kenny Baker and other small bits but rather the large $$ music items.

Dealers in the UK might not be aware of current music item that they offer for sale.  In another thread several autographs from Autografica were deemed fake.  The items were Clint Eastwood, Charlton Heston and Harrison Ford.

He might not know there is a problem. 

Tags: Charlton, Clint, Eastwood, Ford, Garry, Harrison, Heath, King, Ledger, Philippe, More…Ryan, heston

Views: 33525

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Eastwood was from Adrian. The Ford wasn't. Garry removed them both from his inventory.

If you have photo and video proof the Michael Jacksons are not forgeries, post it online. If you don't, few will believe you.

What an odd post.
Interesting that Adrian's name (and only his first name) is specifically mentioned. Are you sure, Steve, that this is from an actual AFTAL representative? That is a bold statement to say the MJ autographs discussed in this thread are "100% authentic". This does not sound like the words a legitimate association would throw around. If it is an actual AFTAL rep, it sounds like a lot of a$$-covering.

The email address is AFTAL, but I am going to try to get an individual's name. You're right about the wording. It's not what I would expect to hear.

The strangest part is that no one here is an "AFTAL detractor". I seek them out when buying overseas. But when there's a problem, it doesn't matter who it is, there's a problem that needs to be addressed.

Come on everyone!! Let's all go to the UK to watch a dvd!!!

and Cyrkin's providing all travel expenses....

maybe we can get someone to create a UACC account and they can sign it UACC Board.  Isn't Dave Phillips a board member on both and since this is from the AFTAL Board it must also be from Phillips as well.

Ghost  unendorsed written comments are worth about as much as the Adrian Jacksons.

I agree with Mick, Peter and JXE.  If there is photographic and DVD proof it should not only be posted to finally put this to rest but should also be welcomed as good news.  At least let Steve view it privately so that he can confirm it in order to put an end to this discussion.  As far as the AFTAL post is concerned, it is unreasonable for any reputable organization to assume that issuing such a statement would be accepted as credible in light of what has been discussed here.  JXE is also correct in stating that there was never an issue raised with AFTAL.  The only questions being raised involved autographs that were being sold on eBay by a dealer in the UK.  By who were they acquired?  Where were they acquired?  When were they acquired?  How were they acquired?  The dealer has apparently been working very hard with Roger and another gentleman by the name of Gary in the UK to get to the bottom of this.  I say we continue to wait to hear from both the dealer and Roger about what their conclusions are.  Hopefully in the end the statement issued by AFTAL will prove to be true for the sake of the hobby.

My feeling on the Jackson autographs is to what are you comparing them? Looking them over they seem to be a variation but not fakes as has been stated. Without a specific comparison or detailed data as to why they are not what they are advertised to be is just plain wrong. Signature variations in the past have caused such discussion. as long as everyone admits they don't know everything. Unsupported claims like these slander good people.

Roger Epperson already posted exemplars and explained what was wrong with the Adrianographs.

He didnt explain anything just stated they were fake

He did however have that discussion directly with Garry and under the circumstances I'd play the hand close to the vest for the time being as well.  Going all in tips one hand in favor of others.  Something to be said for Texas Hold 'em.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service