We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Rock and Roll Collection Concerns [Title revised by moderator]

I see this site brought up a lot on this site for autograph references.

http://www.rockandrollcollection.com/

problem is, who ever this Stephan is he has a load of forgeries up here too. I get messages from people from time to time saying he has offered to sell a member here an item or two and it is never the real stuff imo, it is usually the fake stuff. Greed. He wants money but doesn't want to part with the good stuff.

Eagles are his most famous work. Attached is a screen shot of his fake work (not limited too). Notice how they are the same..... duh. If you look through his stuff he has loads of fake Zeppelin, Beatles, Springsteen, Stones, Floyd and more. Even the so called authentic Traveling Wilbury's is not real. Maybe the George and Petty are ok but 100% not the Lynne and I'm pretty sure the Dylan is bogus also. Anyway, I don't wish to debat about this guy and his ethics but if you are using him a reference be careful and I wouldn't buy anything from the guy either.

Views: 28657

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Obviously, I won't comment on the music material but upon reading Steve's request for me to look at the Star Trek material, I have no choice but to agree with Eric. If I skip everything else and just look at the Nimoy signatures, the vast majority of them are signed by the same hand, unfortunately that hand wasn't Leonard's.

Aside from the aforementioned "N" problem, the sweeping elongated tails on nearly every "Y" scream out that there is "something rotten in Denmark" or wherever this guy lives.

I have a Nimoy study up on the site here  http://live.autographmagazine.com/group/the-evolution-of-the-celebr...

....and just as a kicker the best American Graffiti piece in the world pictured on his site is adorned with one of the worst Harrison Ford forgeries I have seen.  

Hi Pete,

Exactly, the "N" and "y" are what I saw. I checked your study first thing. I don't know about Denmark, or anything about intent as mentioned before - I 'm just talking about the signatures and dates. Better scans are always useful, but I'm not sure how with the Nimoy's.

Eric

Eric, I am commenting on the signatures too.....I was just being a wise guy with the play on words from Hamlet "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

It pretty much means that there is something seriously wrong here. 

Hi Pete,

Oh, I know the reference. I'm just not interested in who or what in Denmark. Just the signatures, like you.

Eric

Eagles aren't my strong suit but I agree with Steiger, especially with the Walsh graphs. Also with the CD covers he's selling on Facebook, I don't like them either.

Looking through some of his stuff there are definitely forgeries of Jimmy page, Springsteen, Floyd and Stones IMO. Some of the Beatles stuff looks bad to me as well but I'm not good with their vintage stuff.

I didn't even notice the entertainment stuff until Chuka commented, I like most of his 007 stuff, there's a few secretarials in there. The American Graffiti piece is terrible.

I would not buy from him or use any of that stuff for reference. Looks like he bought a lot of junk over the years.

Also, on his site he adamantly states he does not sell any of his graphs... So why does he sell his graphs?

I told Stephen about the discussion yesterday. Hopefully he'll join it.

Most of the Van Halen autographs that he is selling appear to be pretty typical to me.

And the Eagles at the top of the discussion look fine to me. 

I've always considered Stephen Duncan a great, honest guy, and a friend from working on an article together in 2010 that no one has ever questioned anything in.

He donates untold hours a year to Little League, his wife and kids have collected with him (she was there when Brian May offered to get Freddy Mercury to sign for them) and everything has seemed to be on the up and up. Never a question in the world.

I haven't gone over his site that much, but there are some McCartneys that I'm concerned about, and I have complete confidence in Pete Chuka's comments on Leonard Nimoy and, of course, Harrison Ford.

I hope Steve joins the discussion. 

Steve do you have a link to that article?  I'd be interested in reading his story.

N.Steiger, please use your real name. That's the rule here and you've ignored it. Why?

Steve, Feel free to remove me if you must sir. I am tired being targeted by forgers for calling them out. I am willing to point out forgers if you want to keep me around but I can't jeopardize my well being or the privacy of my family. Years ago I used my real name and the forger I called out about ruined me cause his ties with PSA. He also threatened me cause he found out where I lived. So, do what you must but I respectfully must decline. Message me privately if you want to discuss this further. We can even speak on the phone if you wish. Thank you.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service