We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

The Signed Deluxe edition of Renegades will be on sale at Barnes & Noble on Dec 7th. Limit of one per person and instore only. No online orders . Barnes and Noble members only and the price is $500, 10% for members RENEGADES: BORN IN THE USA. (barnesandnoble.com) 

and Amazon Amazon.com: Renegades: Born in the USA (Deluxe Signed Edition): 978...

Views: 61252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very interesting. Thanks for your insight on this.

I used to do TTM too and will occasionally still send letters/requests but I have noticed a LOT less responses INCLUDING printed/secretarial/autopen responses especially political. I am thinking covid might have something to do with low response rate so I guess when this pandemic is over maybe ttm responses will pick up. 

I've read TTM is picking up for collectors because of the pandemic but thats just letters sent out since more people are at home with nothing else to do. Not sure what the successes are like currently but I would think you are right about the pandemic causing fewer responses

I know of a website where I can figure out who still responds, when and how they last responded and how long it took to get back. They also provide the addresses. Unfortunately it’s a pay site so I am hesitant to rejoin it (I had been a member for years then quit like ten years ago due to slowing down with ttm). There are only a handful of people I want to look up at to see what type of responses are coming and when they last responded (already got their addresses). Probably not worth $5 since it’s only a handful of names and asking someone else to look them up that has access won’t really work since I would want to read through all the test results to find out what they got, if they felt it was authentic and to see all the scans of the ttm successes for said celebrity. 

I signed up on StarTiger last year and I have been using it since. There are many many addresses on there now. I haven't had anything to do so I just have been sending to people I know and I get them back very quickly. There are also loads of emails on there now that you can write to and ask for an autograph. I have gotten 100+ successes from emails in the past year. 

That’s awesome. I am not as big a collector in that sense anymore. I now only want to build a small quality collection (rather than quantity) of autographs I like. I used to collect on a much larger scale and send out hundreds of ttm requests. I used to have hundreds and hundreds of autographs but found I didn’t enjoy each and every autograph as much and they took up a lot of space. I found in general if I have fewer things I can appreciate and enjoy them a lot more, especially if they are all things I really like/want. 

I see what you mean. I will probably get to that point eventually.

It really depends on where the celeb gets their mail. 

If it goes through an office they might  still not have seen mail from almost two years ago. 

But, if it is a home address or if it gets forwarded to them then the work from home angle might pay off. 

Last year I got handwritten notes from a former president and a Supreme Court justice - successes that were virtually unheard of pre-pandemic.

Are home address listed in places like startiger or do you have to hunt them down? I may join again sometime this year...  I've only ever tried to hunt down 1 personal address.. for Jane Curtin. I was trying to collect everyone from SNL since I already have some of the toughest ones to get. I still need almost the entire current cast but cant get myself to hunt for them. SNL is going down hill, or im just too old for it lol.. anyways. I found an address for Curtin by searching for her husband.. havent tried sending to it yet though. Its a long shot anyways because she isn't a fan of signing anything to begin with. Im just curious if there are special ways to get personal addresses im not aware of?

Both methods, I suppose, but I usually just use tested addresses from sites almost all the time. I have hunted down addresses myself a few times (Jane Curtin also, haven't tried it yet, either).

Thanks, very interesting read. I still do TTM autographs and yeah postage is very pricey. I have a love/hate relationship with USPS as I love to hate them. As long as you do your homework and write to the celebrities that aren’t as relevant anymore you will do very well. Last week I got back M. Emmet Walsh and Tony LoBianco. Nobody is really clamoring for their autographs but I am a big fan of these guys and really cherish the response from them.

Awesome, ill have to look those 2 up.. I want to get back into TTM but cost wise, I might have to create custom cards or 4x6 photos to keep the envelopes at 1 forever stamp. 

I usually just send a DVD cover and they sign it. I sent The French Connection cover to Tony and The Jerk cover to Walsh. Both of them sent me a bunch of extra stuff too and sometimes the celebrity will put extra postage on the envelope for you. Bob Newhart was a sweetheart and did that for me. I usually put 3 forever stamps on the envelope and than 3 on the return envelope. I must have only put 2 on the Newhart one. He’s an awesome TTM signer too.

Since I’m a stay at home dad it’s a cool hobby for me, my highlight of the day is getting the mail, lol.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service