We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Authentic Send Ins Facebook page appears to have been wiped.

https://www.facebook.com/authenticsendins/timeline

Has the signing been canceled? Or is everything being done by private message now?

Given the parties involved, I assume it is legit. But exceedingly unprofessional and poorly thought out. Assuming it is still scheduled, will it primarily be items signed for a group of grapher insiders? Why bother jerking everyone else around?

Exactly. This has been such a mess thus far that it has little to no appeal to me anymore. I assume someone at these companies thought they were jumping on an amazing exclusive, but it's just bad PR at this point.

As far as I know they moved the signing under their official company name, KLF Sports. She is listed on their website but there is no info or way to order anything. Supposedly the signing is happening in a few weeks? Not really sure what will happen.

Yep. A photo of Ridley on the "exclusives" page with no text or further info. So helpful. Only in the memorabilia business. Can you imagine any other company selling a product this way? LOL

I would have never shelled out 7 figures for an exclusive and made a public announcement without a signed contract or a license to sell photos from lucasfilm, or a website for people to be able to place orders..

I know firsthand how difficult it is to make deals with celebs, I've done a few, but there are people that do this for a living and know what they are doing. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like this company has the experience or the resources.. Or maybe a bit of both.

I know if she signed one of my contracts, there would be no backing out of send ins because of a random fan on Instagram, that just seems so ridiculous to me that they have zero control for the money they supposedly paid.

The send in portion is dead. The signing will happen as a private affair.

Those orders placed when the Facebook thing was live, will likely be honored, or refunded.

Contact Andy if there is something you want or need, he may be your only hope. 

If Ridley entered into this with the good intention of supplying her fans with autographs in a controlled setting -- and I believe that is probably the case -- it is an epic fail.

It sounds like the net effect will be further supplying the same pro grapher crowd that was "harassing" her at the airport... Who have no interest in releasing any quantity into the marketplace to drive down the price point.
This stuff isn't rocket science, it's just business. If she was blindsided by the price or the fact that people were going to complain, someone made a huge mistake. The first rule in any deal is manage the expectations of both parties, if you don't, everything falls apart. This is all common sense business practices. Just inexperience on their part. I don't know the terms, but without a send in, I would guess it will be very difficult for them to profit from the deal at this point, based on the numbers I've heard. So it's likely a fail all around.

Have a question. What would be a reasonable price for a nicely signed and authenticated Mark Hamill Star Wars photo? 8x10 inch. Inscribed. Just a ball park figure would be greatly appreciated.

He charged $125 at his last signing, with free inscriptions. Rumor is he will be $150+ at his next signing as well as charging extra for inscriptions.

Thanks Mike T. That helps me a lot. Have my eye on one currently and the price is within range. 

Hi. Who will be managing his signings in the future? Will he be exclusively private, or appear at conventiins? Cheers.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service