We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

’Stories of Surrender: The Book Tour’

To celebrate November's publication of Bono’s memoir ‘SURRENDER: 40 Songs, One Story,’ Live Nation and Penguin Random House are producing a limited run of theatre dates in 14 cities in North America and Europe.

Tickets go on sale on Friday October 7th (10am local times).

A limited number of tickets have been set aside for existing existing U2.com subscribers which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis from Thursday October 6th (10 am local times).

Please Note: U2.com subscriptions purchased after Monday 3 October 9am ET / 2pm UK / 3pm Europe do not offer entry into the presale for the Songs of Surrender Book Tour. Entry into the presale does not guarantee tickets.)

Presale (Thursday October 6th) and General Sale (Friday October 7th)Timings
New York, Boston & Toronto – 10am EDT = 3pm BST (7am PDT)
Chicago & Nashville – 10am CDT = 4pm BST (11am EDT & 8am PDT)
San Francisco & Los Angeles – 10am PDT = 6pm BST (1pm EDT)
Berlin, Paris & Madrid / 10am local = 9am BST / 4am EDT & 1am PDT
London, Glasgow, Manchester & Dublin – 10am BST / 5am EDT & 2pm PDT

DATE
ONSALE
WEDNOV 22022
New York City, NY
Beacon Theatre
FRINOV 42022
Boston, MA
Orpheum Theatre
SUNNOV 62022
Toronto, ON CA
Meridian Hall
TUENOV 82022
Chicago, IL
The Chicago Theatre
WEDNOV 92022
Nashville, TN
Ryman Auditorium
SATNOV 122022
San Francisco, CA
Orpheum Theatre
SUNNOV 132022
Los Angeles, CA
Orpheum Theatre
WEDNOV 162022
London, LND GB
The London Palladium
THUNOV 172022
Glasgow, SCT GB
SEC Armadillo
SATNOV 192022
Manchester, MAN GB
O2 Apollo
MONNOV 212022
Dublin, D IE
3Olympia Theatre
WEDNOV 232022
Berlin, BE DE
Admiralspalast
FRINOV 252022
Paris, 75 FR
Le Grand Rex
MONNOV 282022
Madrid, M ES
Teatro Coliseum

Views: 3398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Enjoy, Matt and Julio!! 

Matt, please let me know if there's extra signed copies available! I totally missed out on buying one of them :-( :'( 

Will do, I’ll try to post later after show.

I know we get a free copy of book upon entry and not expecting it to be signed…not sure if merch stand will have signed copies- I don’t think prior shows did. 

It looks like Parnassus Books here in Nashville may be handling the supply of books- showed 2600 in stock earlier, roughly the capacity of the venue. Anyway, they have online presence and may be worth monitoring. 

Just got back from Bono show. It was awesome, like a one man show with him reading/acting out parts of book and leading into song with a stripped down backing unit.

Unsigned books were handed out at entry. I was unable to get all the way up to the merch stand but only appeared to be shirts and unsigned posters.

As I said, I was front row about 2 seats right of center. Had the book and Sharpie ready. He operated very close to front of stage for much of show and looked right down at me several times; however, he had microphone in his hand every time he was directly in front of me and would not have been possible for him to take book from me and sign with microphone in hand. So I never stuck it up there.

He did crouch down briefly directly in front of the 2 girls next to me and shook each of their hands. I put mine out but he ignored me lol. 

Woah! autograph aside, sounds like a great experience.. you were right there man.. Id take the experience over an autograph any day.. as an autograph hunter though, I'm sad you didn't score. great try though.. from what Ive learned, if you want one, be persistent.. call every Barnes and Noble.. Every bookstore you can find.. I've already came across 2 using this method.. it took me a total of 15 minutes calling but 5 hours round trip for each driving. its another experience to look back on.

Thanks man!! Lol yeah, this all came about early this afternoon, I noticed venue’s ticket site (AXS) was adding tickets periodically…I must have refreshed at exact right time because 2 front row seats came up at face value and I grabbed my one. Talked to dude next to me (the other ticket) and he randomly scored his too by refreshing site constantly like me. 

Yeah, experience was once-in-a lifetime thing. BUT I’m already kind of kicking myself for not being more persistent in going for the autograph lol.

One reason I may have missed my chance- I was waiting until end of show for final bow, as I thought this would be best opportunity, but he took final bow from back of stage and walked off. Best chance was when he was shaking hands of girls next to me but he had mic in hand. 

I was lucky enough to score signed copy from the Strand so I’m thankful for that, and getting to see show. But an in-person copy would have been special. 

Btw, I saw your post about finding the one copy available at B&N then having to search in store for it lol…nice work and congrats!! 

Oh nice.. Glad you scored a Strand copy!!! yeah, an in person autograph experience would have been much different.. but did you see him sign for anyone else at all? I honestly think its something he would have refused to do even if you were in the best spot possible. 

I did not see him sign for anyone else. But no one requested either.

What’s weird is that everyone had a copy of the book, yet I was the only one on front row that had it out and ready with a pen/sharpie. Seemed like no one else was thinking about it.

That also made me a bit hesitant tbh, as I didn’t want to be only one, but that’s my own shyness/hesitancy…I would not make a good in-person seeker lol. 

*We (front row) were also lectured prior to show about not putting anything on the stage, not getting on stage, not trying to get to him, etc. (there is no barrier at Ryman, front row is right against stage). Security was perched right down front which I don’t often see there so made me nervous about doing anything

Bill Murray called me a professional for asking for his autograph once at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.. I am not shy at all about asking as I've had years of practice, I still asked in a nice way, but he was having a bad night, also, I'm not sure if he was under some contractual obligation but would only sign copies of his CD for everyone.. it may have been instructed to Bono not to sign anything to avoid a potential riot during the concert. These events are usually tightly choreographed especially when the artist is currently on stage. I know its done sometimes but honestly would never expect it from Bono while he was performing

That’s a good point…with everyone having a book, there could have been a mad rush toward stage with books in hand if he signed even one. 

Lol about Bill Murray…he’s a good example of one I’d be hesitant to approach (ie on a bad night). I was down front for one of Elton’s farewell shows here and stuck his book up with a sharpie at end show when he was right in front of me….he looked right down at me, saw what I was seeking and walked on. I still bear the psychological scars of that lol. 

Just saw your picture, that is so awesome man!!! Very neat!! I’d take a picture like that over the sig. 

You really need to read the story of that night.. Bill kind of went psycho in the end.. Started taking group photos of 20 random people just to get it done.. ended up walking out abruptly with 100 people still in line.. October 2017 Chicago symphony orchestra event. Articles say he was upset at candid photos being taken but from what I saw, he became upset at people constantly asking him to sign ghostbuster items. I was just lucky enough to be the 1st in line and got him when he was still sort of happy.. I may have been what started him off when I pulled out my ghostbusters photo to sign.. that's when he called me a professional but still played it off and signed my cd. he seemed decent for the next half hour before he just lost it

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service