We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

We need rules of conduct for Autograph Magazine Live. We're going to put them in place today.

What do you think they should be? 

Views: 3338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve, in all fairness The decent and honest folks from the auction house sure are not coming across that way. Some if the things they have admitted to in their depositions have me raising eyebrows. Refunding money is usually the root of disputes. R&R could dispute all this. Seems they using memory to remember the parts they talk about but the depositions show their memories arn't that good. Hard to trust the few things they do recall.

You have dealings with them and know them personally. Everyone else has to form an opinion based off what we see. What I see so far does not look honest and reputable. Not saying you or any of the other authenticators fall in that category. They've got some good folks over ther no question.

This needs to be continued in the RR discussion.

But you've watched the depositions, Rick? I'm going to watch the other half of Bob Eaton's and start on Bobby Livingston's tonight and tomorrow. We all should before we comment.

Yes Steve I've watched them. I think my response was to the other Steve here though.
OK, thanks.
Steve if you are going to watch can I give you some advice - have an energy shot otherwise you'll fall asleep! Gets pretty boring

That's funny Steve considering you are involved the R n R , its a website , anyone who takes something from a message board and takes it as Gospel is an idiot , it is what it is.......,

Eaton is coming across as complete scumbag on his depo and you think its unfair ..

case in point , the Zeppelin piece deem no good by PSA ....should Roger refund the guys money , yes or no ?  and why or why not ...

Richard Barrett

Richard,

What do you mean by this? How am I involved?

That's funny Steve considering you are involved the R n R , its a website , anyone who takes something from a message board and takes it as Gospel is an idiot , it is what it is.......,

Replies to Steve C and Steve Z are running together it looks.

I guess I am just confused on at what end are we allowed to question a TPA's opinion? If it weren't for Washer then many of the MJ autographs might still be for sale without a question of their authenticity. Then there is a thread where a Pink Floyd Wall is being questioned as a forgery as well that has two TPA authentications, but most everyone in the thread believes it to be fake... 

If we are to question a signature as whether it is real or forgery then we should have to give our phone numbers? I am not versed in law and what is liable at all and personally never want to get sued for just a hobby, so I may not know the ramifications of "chiming in" with my opinion. However if this site is suppose to help people with whether or not they should buy a certain autograph that is genuine or not shouldn't people have the right to speak up? 

Now I do agree with the senseless beat em up sessions, they do only serve to ruin reputations. However there was a period where I would have trusted anything with a PSA/DNA sticker on it. I think a TPA does have to hold some accountability as well. That is just my two cents. 

That's a really good post, Adam. People need to be able to speak up and question anything they want. 

It's hard to figure out how to do this right; to be fair to all parties involved. Part of it's defining when people need to use their confirmed, real names. The other part is a set of rules for the site to handle such situations.

Steve
What exactly triggered this? What was said in the R&R thread that was a baseless accusation? Did someone connected with them pressure you into doing this?

Not saying this is the case but it's a sad day when complete transparency is gone and people not held responsible.

For example - at gameuseduniverse the moderator of the site was on the Goldin Auction payroll. Any thread that questioned the authenticity of an item Goldin was selling was deleted and the member banned. That site lost all credibility to me when I figured out what was happening.

Comment deleted - sorry... I thought Sam was referring to my post.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service